ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Media Server gurus

Clio 172
Wonder if you guys can help!

Recently installed Plex Media Server on my HP Proliant N40L. Use it to stream films to my Xbox, iPhone and iPad. Now, good quality HD stuff constantly seems to "buffer" on all the devices, except the iPhone. From what I understand, it doesn't buffer as such, and all the processing is done on the server? So how comes it works fine on the phone, but not iPad or Xbox?

Both server and Xbox are patched into same gigabit switch with cat6 patch leads, iPad and iphone use same wifi hotspot.

I'd appreciate any help please!

Jamie

Cupra
Do you have different resolution settings on the iPad and Xbox to the iPhone? Depending on what quality stream you are requesting from the server, a different load will be put on it.

Clio 172
I did think that could be something to do with it, I have probably fiddled with the bandwidth setting on the iPhone and not the iPad, would make a lot of sense actually. Will have to upgrade the servers processor I think

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
I did think that could be something to do with it, I have probably fiddled with the bandwidth setting on the iPhone and not the iPad, would make a lot of sense actually. Will have to upgrade the servers processor I think

Is that possible?

Clio 172
Not a problem mate! Thanks for helping anyway! It seems it's the servers processor that is letting the side down... Does XBMC transcode in the same way? Otherwise I will have to use a dedicated plex server along side the micro server..