ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Meet Mia The Mini

Status
Not open for further replies.
  'Mia' Rover Mini 35
I know this CLIOsport.net but thought I'd show you my New project!

7449703292_aa2c8a5b65_b.jpg

Mk4 Mondeo Estate
I'd recommend saving up for a pair of shoes before spending any money on your car mate ;)

Clio k4j - Clio 200T
Nice project mate! where i park my car at work i often see a old green cooper fully and maniacally restored.. i think it's stunning! so good luck with your project...bet you'll enjoy so much

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
I never knew frankie of the X-factor was on here lol, just kidding mate, looking forward to the project

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
So jealous, I really want an old Mini as a project,
I know sod all about them but I think it would be a good car to learn rudementary mechanics on.

They're also cool as f*ck! :cool:

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
Quality mongo face aswell. :approve:

Unless that's your normal face in which case, I think you should be wearing some kind of protective headware. ;)

Last edited:

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
The pic in the op is filling me with joy... You look do happy lol.

Enjoy :) and make a detailed project thread with no less than 4 pic updates each day :p

Last edited:

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
awsome project mate!! please do a full nut and bolt restoration on it :D

use to love taking apart the old one sat in my grandads back garden ( going back when i was 14 lol )
proper basic mechanics on these. what a flammin doddle it was :)

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
That's f**king cheap....have you looked in the boot or under the carpet yet?

Ps, all mini owners are heroes.

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
Just copy and paste it on here from the mini forum.

Please do this Noah, I really want to see how you get on, plus it might inspire me to start looking for my own Mini project.

I can't believe you paid 500notes for that, proper cheap, does it run?

Yup, post it up on here. Take no notice of Daniel he's only jealous of your barnet because before he went bald he was a ginger.

'Mia' Rover Mini 35
That's f**king cheap....have you looked in the boot or under the carpet yet?

Ps, all mini owners are heroes.

You'll love this as much as I do, Other than some surface rust, light bubbling. The Boot floor. SOLID. Sills. SOLID. (Poked with screwdriver for like 20mins looking for holes.) Subframes. Surface Rust. Battery tray is a bit rusty but again with a bit of rust preventer/solution it will fix up fine. Oh and the gutters are solid :)

And the floors solid :). It was going to be rallied but never got round to it. It has the mother of all exhausts on it lol. When I get a battery I will post a video of the noise this thing makes.

'Mia' Rover Mini 35
Yup, post it up on here. Take no notice of Daniel he's only jealous of your barnet because before he went bald he was a ginger.

Definitely going to post it up here, gave her a clean today and you know for 18 year old paint it's not half bad. Swirly as f**k. But not too bad.

'Mia' Rover Mini 35
Please do this Noah, I really want to see how you get on, plus it might inspire me to start looking for my own Mini project.

I can't believe you paid 500notes for that, proper cheap, does it run?

Runs and drives, Proudest moment was me driving it onto the driveway <3 lol.

'Mia' Rover Mini 35
Work won't start properly till im back from france, which is like july the 28th. Birthday is august the 3rd so monies! lol.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
You'll love this as much as I do, Other than some surface rust, light bubbling. The Boot floor. SOLID. Sills. SOLID. (Poked with screwdriver for like 20mins looking for holes.) Subframes. Surface Rust. Battery tray is a bit rusty but again with a bit of rust preventer/solution it will fix up fine. Oh and the gutters are solid :)

And the floors solid :). It was going to be rallied but never got round to it. It has the mother of all exhausts on it lol. When I get a battery I will post a video of the noise this thing makes.

Seriously lucky! Should make the restoration 10x more easier! I have spent nearly £600 in panels for mine, chickened out of weleding them all on so have passed it on to to someone else haha Hopefully end of next month should see me with a solid shell!

'Mia' Rover Mini 35
Seriously lucky! Should make the restoration 10x more easier! I have spent nearly £600 in panels for mine, chickened out of weleding them all on so have passed it on to to someone else haha Hopefully end of next month should see me with a solid shell!

There is some patching that needs to be done obviously thats not shocking on a 18 year old car :p. But again, I'm only 15 so the whole welding thing probably isnt legal and with such a small amount needing doing just get someone to do it for me :p. The restoration would be 15x easier if I had all the money infront of me and just bought the parts and started building but thats never the case.

What models yours?

'Mia' Rover Mini 35

If your closeish to london I don't mind helping with the re-assembly. Will help to teach me aswell :)/

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Mines an '85 Chelsea, will be fitted with a 105 1.4 series lump.

I had a mini at 13 that I pulled apart and put together again, was a great learning experience! I'm in Tilbury so close-ish to London mate.

'Mia' Rover Mini 35
So could you just slap an MOT & some tax on it and be driving down the road then?

In theory yes, I kind of want to have it as a rolling restoration if that makes sense, as that way it can be used and still work, but either way I needed a battery to see what doesn't work. *Cough* Wipers loll.

pimp mobile Zafira
That sounds not bad at all. Seems like you really have got a bargain. More pics needed as well.

'Mia' Rover Mini 35
That sounds not bad at all. Seems like you really have got a bargain. More pics needed as well.

Pics are coming, It's like parked in a bush at the moment, I'll drive it out once the cars are off the drive and get some better piccy's with camera. Not my iPhone.

Status
Not open for further replies.