ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Meet my 182 :)

Clio 182 :)
Hi Guys ! ;) I'm François from France, and here is my Clio RS 2004 182 !
My dream has come true... I went from the 1,5 dCi to the 2.0 16v :cool:

Here's a bunch of pics :

Photos-0310.jpg

Photos-0307.jpg

Thanks for your comments :)
Funny thing is I just put the stripes today, I used to have some on my ex-clio, and I was quite hesitating about putting some back on my RS... Now it's done ;)

Monaro VXR/Cupra TDi
A set of anthracite cup wheels to compliment the stripes perhaps? Otherwise looks very good.:)

About the wheels, I'm planning on having them painted... They've got big scratches thanks to the previous owner :banghead:

Glad you like my car, I love it too :)

About the springs, I'm planning on having this fixed when i'll replace my suspension... Maybe I'll lower it a bit :rasp:

Thx for your comments :)

RS Clio 182
Welcome.

Same year and colour as my 182. First Titanium Silver I have seen with stripes - they suit the car perfectly.

Hope you enjoy many happy miles with your 182

cg172

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172FF
Bonjour! C'est un tres bon voiture!

That's about as good as my French gets I'm afraid...

172 Cup 2003
Ps wasn't being rude my last name is Varney which is technically french.

Don't go over the top, subtle is good like the cup slitter, Itg panel filter, custom mats etc

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Jesus christ mate you had better take that straight back to Renault and tell them they have put the steering wheel on the wrong side..... lol

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I would like to have a go of a left-hander 182 - see if it feels different. I bet the clutch in particular is much easier to use - having only to travel a short distance rather than that clutch cable on ours that goes half way around the engine bay!

I think there's a lot to be said for driving cars with the wheel and pedals on the side that they were initially designed for...

Nice car matey - especially the stripes. Suits it really well :)

D.

lol so funny when you write in french :)

I've been to UK for 2 month last year, it was so nice ! ! !

I love your country, even though it's kinda hard to understand the accents from northern people... "got a light mate" lol ;)

Jesus christ mate you had better take that straight back to Renault and tell them they have put the steering wheel on the wrong side..... lol

lol when I was in UK I drove a scenic 2 and a 406 estate (vive la France) and it was kinda hard, but I got used to it... I was looking for the handbreak into the right door panel )))

Could you tell me what a splitter is ? I'm not quite familiar with specific car words in english...

I think I'm gonna get the ITG filter that fits in the genuine airbox... (sorry I don't know the expression :) ) what do you think about it ?

172 Cup 2003
Lol Yeah Dont worry the 'Itg panel filter' is a direct replacement for the original so its a case of old filter out new one in.

Run a search for 'cup splitter' basically it's a black bit of plastic that attaches to the lower front bumper at the bottom

Yeah that's what i'm talking about :cool:

I'm planning on getting this 'front cup splitter' :)
In french we say : Lame avant, which would be 'front blade'... pretty violent lol

It's pretty expansive isn't it ? I think it's something like 95£ on K-tec... and it's carbon... I prefer black :)
I think that a splitter from a megane 1 mk2 can look just the same for more than half the price :)

So what do you think about the ITG panel filter ? Is it good ? Is this "never clean me" thing real ?
I was also thinking about getting door pillar covers... what do you think about it ?

Thx guys :)

172 Cup 2003
I've had a viper induction kit, Hill power kit, and Itg Panel filter all different but for me I preferred the Itg just Just popped it in and forgot about it...like all induction kits / panel filters they are mostly smoke and mirrors they wont turn or car into an enzo just slight improvement and nicer sound.

As regards to the splitter go for a standard 172 cup splitter or if you know what your doing the megane on and just cut and bond

182/Bora V5/S1 RS Turbo
bonjour! my 182 is crossing the water on the beer run at some point in the next few month. thought id take it back to its homeland........and fill it with beer!

Bonjour Francois,

is the striping original in France for a 182 cup ? colour and how wide is it.

salut

hmm striping is original in France, since we have very few Clios originally fitted with them ;)
For the colour, I tried to be close to my "RS" stickers that I have on the wheel arch... I don't know the name, sorry :boring:
About the width, it's 5cm, then 8cm gap, and then 5cm again :rasp:

Any thoughts on my mods ?

Cheers

White APE
Photos-0307.jpg

I LIKES THAT ALOT!
same colour as mine....im liking the idea of them stripes

Good work!