ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Megane 225 Trophy

Clio 172
Thinking about adding a horse to the stable. What's the deal with the Trophy? I've always liked the look of these, but would be keen to hear the difference between the trophy and the standard 225. And anything to look out for. I'm very keen to see what the f4 is like with a turbo, getting one of these could solve that problem, and allow me not to f##k up my 100% standard 172.

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
I'm sure the only differences between a standard 225 and the trophy is the spring rates, cup shocks, TPMS, drilled front discs (which have probably been replaced anyway), I think they came with the 225 cup rear arb, some really weird half blue seats and blue seatbelts, carbon interior trims and plaque. They're not too dissimilar to a 225 cup really @mossyv6 might know more about em

Think there were about 150 sold in the UK, 500 worldwide and I know of 5 that have been broken for parts. If you can get one cheap and it's not a snotter then go for it, you'll probably never lose money on one unless you spend silly money on it yourself 😂

Clio 172
Thanks for that! Answers most of my questions. There seem to be a few on the market between 3.5k and 7k would be nice to find one that needs a bit of TLC theres one literally up the road from me for just shy of 2k looks like it needs some money spent on it. Plaque says its #356...

Clio 172
What could possibly go wrong! Think I'll pop up tomorrow and have a butchers. Sounds like it needs a belt and clutch. Could be worth a punt

Matt e

ClioSport Club Member
check the windows work
see if the steering self centers, if not lower bearings could need doing

plenty of spare parts abouts for them

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
See if it rolls freely after a drive, if not the rear calipers need replacing because they're sticking
Ringlands are common to go. Even at standard power because of s**t maintenance and lack of care
If it knocks over bumps or just doesn't drive straight over uneven or cambered roads then the balljoints need looking at
Check the top mount bushes for splitting
Check the upper torque mount on the drivers side of the bay, they're prone to snap

As Matt says too, windows are a pain on them 😂

Clio 172
Nice one, thanks guys. Its advertised as needing rear brakes so calipers and discs would probably be on the list. Appreciate your pointers though 👍

RichValver

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 16v/172 daily
I had a 225 trophy about 4 years ago, was a lovely daily driver and do regret selling it. Basically its a cup with different seats, carbon trims and climate from what I could gather. Nothing like as special as a 182 trophy

I'm actually purchasing a 225 again this week as iv been wanting another

I sold mine back then for ~£3k with 50k miles if it gives you any idea of the market on one.