ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Megane Coupe 2.0 16v - Any Good

Anybody driven one of these ? Any good ? If you have could you let me know your opinions on them please.

Cheers all !

Dai

Was a Clio 1.8 16v

Drove the 1.6 Sport & the drive is pretty involved for a newer (R-reg) car; more fun to drive than a Golf & has got v. good brakes. The 2lt is quick too so id imagine that they are a nice car.

I am sure it has the same engine as the Willy like you said Craggy? They got the same BHP and top end according to the Comparison Guide on this site.

Cheers Mikey, they are not too bad in price new for a newer car. R, S and T plates going for £4,500. Someones brother on here had one with stunning wheels on, looked the nuts.

clio williams, Ph1 172

the bottom end is the same as a willy engine. the heads restrictive though i believe. They are an F7R engine in the early ones and the later ones the ide. the later ones are slower i think. i quite like em.

Was a Clio 1.8 16v

Yeah they r cheap for what they r & r nearly as quick as the Clio 16v. I know some1 selling a good ICEd up 1 on 19s if ur interested?

Looks nice to me ! Tempted by one of these ! Can a Megane be part of Cliosport tho !!?!?!??!

Mikey, if you got pics then I will take a look.

I nearly bought a black one, full leather on a T plate with 39k on the clock a couple of months ago b4 I got my Clio. It was from an auction and went for 4k in the end. I didnt buy it because I couldnt afford the insurance and the loan payments together!!! A very nice car tho, I test drove one in Renault and it seemed pretty quick!

Alright mate, I own a Megane 2.0 16v with 19"s on it. They are a great car to drive and thats why im not sellin it no more. Gonna go the full monty with it engine wise. Id get one and enjoy every minute of it. Cheers;)

Ill tell you the best thing to do.............buy a 2.0L 16v one.........take out the engine & put it in a clio 16v.......throw the rest away...........hey presto......a rapid car !!!!.......he he he

Was a Clio 1.8 16v

Gworks didnt know u were on here. MIK3Y from CUK. I know Mehdi, ive got the standard (at the mo :cry:) Clio 16v. So ur keepin the Reno now; ur nearly as indecisive as me. ;)

Full monty? Whats the plans?

I am sellin again Folks. Decided to either go Jap or German again, but who knows? Was thinkin either E36 M3, Supra twin turbo, RX7, Scoobs, or Audi S3? Anywhoo, put the word out that ill let the Megane go with everything, system inc for £6100ono. Cheers. G;)

The early Megane 2.0 16v is the same F7R engine as the Willy, but with the same head as the F7P (Clio 16v) - has 30mm inlet valves rather than 32mm valves and is really a very minor difference. This make 150bhp.

The later Megane 2.0 IDE uses a different unit and makes 140bhp. Not as quick.

i had one 2.0 150bhp... very good car.. all aspects(motor, brakes, curving) except the 11.5l/100km on day-to-day use:)

ah and the old gear box.. try to pass prom 1st to 2nd gear quikly without scratching:)

Gworks is yours the one with the Diablo wheels?

I was actually going to get a 1.4 coupe for my first car! Couldnt afford it in the end though.:cry:

-Rob

Renault Laguna Coupe

If the Coupes anything like the Cabriolet it should be good fun. Good brakes and a sweet chassis. Mind you theres less room in the back of a Megane Coupe than a Clio!