ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Megane Crash...

Z4
He didn't feck about with that did he!

How he walked away from that is insane. Although Renault do have an impressive safety score, apparently the Meganes have 7 or 8 airbags!

Swift Sport
Videos like this, as shocking as they are shouldn't put you off going to the 'Ring. If you want to go then please do as the place will not disappoint you!

There are plenty of videos on YouTube of cars flipping over hedges and roundabouts and careering over barriers into oncoming traffic, yet it doesn't put you off setting off for a Sunday afternoon blast.

I've been 4 times and done a few laps now and it's no more dangerous than anywhere else providing you drive according to the circumstances, which in this case they didn't... And paid the price!

Lol original :D

No such thing nowadays, popular videos get reuploaded everywhere! Facebook/Instashit/Vimeo etc etc. It's like the shitty pages like UniLad on facebook, 99% of their content is Reddit's top posts from the day before!

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
There's no good angle for that lol. The driver would have known very little I imagine and patting himself down after would have been only a good thing.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Mental type of accident, rally-esqe! Not surprised how solid that megane is though, the mk3 Clio was the same, seen 2 or 3 rolled ones and very little injuries to the occupants. I know of a 197 owner that hit a tree stump that hard it ripped the entire engine and gearbox out and rolled him into the field opposite. Apart from a few bruises and some very sore legs he was fine.

I'm surprised he managed to crash a Megane 250, I thought they were the best fwd car everererer at the ring!

That second video (from behind the armco) is chilling.

Seeing how fast everyone reacts in both videos to check the driver, warn other cars, clear the road of debris is incredible.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
I like how the door still open's without any fuss.

Did he hit the armco or did he just miss it?

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
What surprises me is how many people aren't wearing helmets! I wouldn't get on there without one.
Interesting to see how many great, epic cars go by the crash in 1 min in dash cam video.
I'm one of the many that doesn't wear a helmet. Nothing to brag or boast about, I just prefer the laps without one on. I know a lot of people who think I'm crackers because I don't wear one.

That place is full of epic cars! I remember being in the cafe at adenau when a pre production veyron drove past!

I'm one of the many that doesn't wear a helmet. Nothing to brag or boast about, I just prefer the laps without one on. I know a lot of people who think I'm crackers because I don't wear one.

That place is full of epic cars! I remember being in the cafe at adenau when a pre production veyron drove past!
Sounds epic.

Fair enough. I'd wear one personally, just incase.

Wouldn't be so worried about myself crashing per say. Probably be going too slow to crash.
More worried about getting in the way of someone fast [emoji4]

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Sounds epic.

Fair enough. I'd wear one personally, just incase.

Wouldn't be so worried about myself crashing per say. Probably be going too slow to crash.
More worried about getting in the way of someone fast [emoji4]
As @Mr Burns has said, don't be put off from going to the place just from all the crash footage you see. It truly is an epic place to be for any petrol head. It also boasts one of the most exotic/expensive car parks your likely to see!

Drive the circuit with respect and you will be fine. Your first ever lap will have your eyes on stalks, and potentially leave you not knowing if you want to s**t or go blind. Lol!

For me it's the chance to mix it up with the bikes and high end cars that I like. Sure, you get your arse handed on a plate by a lot of the high end cars, but not so much by the bikes surprisingly.

I love the place!

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
I have to say, i have done the ring a few times, my dad is over there a fair amount as he does a lot of manufacture development work.

I wouldn't be put off of going there, however I would be hesitant of doing it on my bike tbh.

As @Mr Burns has said, don't be put off from going to the place just from all the crash footage you see. It truly is an epic place to be for any petrol head. It also boasts one of the most exotic/expensive car parks your likely to see!

Drive the circuit with respect and you will be fine. Your first ever lap will have your eyes on stalks, and potentially leave you not knowing if you want to s**t or go blind. Lol!

For me it's the chance to mix it up with the bikes and high end cars that I like. Sure, you get your arse handed on a plate by a lot of the high end cars, but not so much by the bikes surprisingly.

I love the place!

Yeah. I most definitely would treat the track with respect and no doubt drive around it like an utter vagina! Lol.

It'd be more about the experience for me rather than setting a lap time, not an experienced track driver like yourself. [emoji106]

You upload any videos of your visits there?

Hope to go out there next year. A CS organised jaunt would be pretty great. Even just 4 or 5 cars.

Paul.M

ClioSport Club Member
I drove my first 4 laps of the ring last week, 2 of which were in what I would describe as a monsoon.
My fastest lap was something daft like 13.5 mins bridge to gantry, very slow but I was out there in the frame of mind to enjoy myself and drive the car home.

It isn't somewhere I would like to push my skills to the limit, people on here such as Northloopcup have much better driving skills than myself and I enjoy watching their videos online but when I climbed in the drivers seat and was surrounded by bikes and rediculous cars out there I was quite happy plodding around :)

I drove my first 4 laps of the ring last week, 2 of which were in what I would describe as a monsoon.
My fastest lap was something daft like 13.5 mins bridge to gantry, very slow but I was out there in the frame of mind to enjoy myself and drive the car home.

It isn't somewhere I would like to push my skills to the limit, people on here such as Northloopcup have much better driving skills than myself and I enjoy watching their videos online but when I climbed in the drivers seat and was surrounded by bikes and rediculous cars out there I was quite happy plodding around :)
Yeah. I'd be exactly the same. Just there to enjoy and hopefully not get in too many people's way. [emoji4]

I don't mind pushing it on a track with run off... But with no run off, extortionate barrier repairs and some insanely expensive machinery around me, I'd rather just enjoy the experience.

Maybe after a bit more uk track experience I'd attack it a bit more.

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator

It isn't somewhere I would like to push my skills to the limit, people on here such as Northloopcup have much better driving skills than myself and I enjoy watching their videos online but when I climbed in the drivers seat and was surrounded by bikes and rediculous cars out there I was quite happy plodding around :smile:
Kind words sir. Thanks!

Paul.M

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah. I'd be exactly the same. Just there to enjoy and hopefully not get in too many people's way. [emoji4]

I don't mind pushing it on a track with run off... But with no run off, extortionate barrier repairs and some insanely expensive machinery around me, I'd rather just enjoy the experience.

Maybe after a bit more uk track experience I'd attack it a bit more.

We share the same logic it seems! I was pretty much just sat on the right hand side with my indicator on haha, it didn't help that they released the bikes about a minute after I went out too.

Video is here if you fancy seeing a slow moving clio, the panda is my friends, I was following him round with it being my first lap.

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Yeah. I most definitely would treat the track with respect and no doubt drive around it like an utter vagina! Lol.

It'd be more about the experience for me rather than setting a lap time, not an experienced track driver like yourself. [emoji106]

You upload any videos of your visits there?

Hope to go out there next year. A CS organised jaunt would be pretty great. Even just 4 or 5 cars.
I've got loads of laps from a video camera and my gopro, but I cba to convert the video camera footage from tape to digital and the gopro footage just needs uploading to YouTube.

The only footage that's uploaded currently is the one that the majority of people on here will have seen, which is the 8min 31 lap.

2016 will see my return for an 8min 15. Fingers, toes, eyes and testicles crossed for clear laps. The cars capable and so is the driver, but it all comes down to the weather conditions and traffic.

Ah. Yeah. Think I've seen that video a while back. It's superb
It's an impressive time for sure!!

The astra vxr nurburgring I had did it in 8:35 (the reason why they made 835 of them)
That's with no doubt a full on race driver with immense knowledge of the track, probably with an empty track, perfect weather, lots of other tweaks to the standard car to improve time etc etc.

So for you to beat that lap time by a substantial amount is very impressive! ! [emoji106] Kudos to you

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I like how the door still open's without any fuss.

Did he hit the armco or did he just miss it?
We had a Vivaro (traffic) in last week and the drivers door was folded like an accordion as was the pillar, door opened and shut like a straight car, again not surprised, Renault get safety properly right.