ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Megane F1 Detail :-)

Clio 182, OctaviaVRS
Hey guys,

Would you believe it was over 9 years ago i signed up to this place, probably the first forum i properly used thinking about it! Glad to see it's all still going so well though, i will have a look around for some of the old names shortly but thought i'd quickly just put up a couple of pics of the Megane F1 i worked on a couple of weeks back:

It started out pretty grubby, bugs splattered and loads of Tar spots and swirls galore!!

How it began......

2rh0exd.jpg

Grey wheels??
hsw55f.jpg

syqwki.jpg

fmm1r8.jpg

So where to start???

2hwnsep.jpg

16gg2dy.jpg

Car was first of all snow foamed:

f3w21f.jpg

The car was then rinsed off, and washed with the 2BM using Zymol Autowash, with 2 x Autobrite buckets & Grit guards with a Meguiars lambswool wash mitt.

I then refoamed it, rinsed and clayed all over with CYC Blue Ultra fine clay and some Autosmart Reglaze as clay lube.

The car was then dried off with an Autobrite fluffy blue towel and some Meguiars last touch.

I then set about inspecting the paint to find quite a few swirls and surface scratches.

I got the machine ready, and taped up the rubbers and badges etc.

I started out with an SFX2 Pad, and some PO85RD 3.02 but even this wasn't having the desired effect, i didn't expect the Renault to have hard paint but obviously it is...

I stepped up to an SFX-2 Spot pad with some Menz Power Gloss S100 and this was much better.

50/50 having just done the top section

zoid95.jpg

Another 50/50

2nkj2nd.jpg

50/50 of bonnet

w010dg.jpg

LSP was a choice between the various waxes i seem to have ended up buying so thought i'd try the Britemax #6 Liquid wax via machine

14ieyrn.jpg

Wax left to cure

v7vcbs.jpg

I had to use some Last touch when buffing as the britemax stuff had splattered a fair bit when being applied by the machine and this seemed to really stick on but i got there in the end.

Wax all buffed off

21ab6ud.jpg

1112x6t.jpg

11iio0j.jpg

34dqtl0.jpg

Few final pics after tyres dressed with Meguiars endurance Gel, Exhaust polished with some Autosol, wirewool and MF cloth and finally plastics all dressed with Meg's trim detailer

2e3796s.jpg

b4gf3n.jpg

213189v.jpg

69gih1.jpg

Thanks for reading :D

340i
Looks great Nick!

out of interest... what stickers does the car have on the rear quarter glass, they don't look like the normal F1 items?

RB 182 Gordini
That's outstanding Nick, a true detailing great! I have a similair box of tricks at home for my 182, Racing Blue is a great colour and looks fantastic when just polished!!

Truely good work!!

Mk4 .:R32
Lovely colour!! Good work.

Still don't get the meganes. I want to like them, it just looks like Katie Price's son (the one that can't see very well) designed the rear end.

Other than that, awesome cars :)

Clio 182, OctaviaVRS
Thanks guys, i was pleased with how it came up - Lovely car too, i had a 54 reg 225 but the F1 model just seems that bit special - Could be a good future classic i reckon.