ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Megane gearbox 197/200

Clio Cup
Tried various search combinations and don't seem to be getting anywhere with a defined answer

Does the pk4 gearbox from a 250/265/275 attach to the 197/200 F4R block..... Mounting it to the chassis won't be a problem...

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
Yeah TL4 is better. The PK4 is a very very heavy gearbox and the bearings are w**k

I've just had my 175 box rebuilt with a 250 LSD and new bearings

Tl4 is dogshit mate, the PK can handle decent power, and no syncro issues. Only £600 for a fully rebuilt pk with lsd too.

Box will bolt up, as i have been in touch with somebody who has done the conversion, driveshafts will cause you issues though.

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Tl4 is dogshit mate, the PK can handle decent power, and no syncro issues. Only £600 for a fully rebuilt pk with lsd too.

Box will bolt up, as i have been in touch with somebody who has done the conversion, driveshafts will cause you issues though.
Mechanical sympathy prevents the issues with the synchros haha

That and actually changing the box oil when it should be. People seem to think it lasts for 10 years ffs

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo

That and actually changing the box oil when it should be. People seem to think it lasts for 10 years ffs

You have to drive them like a fanny to keep the syncros right, a few of my mates have owned them at low mileage and all had the same issue. Its even worse than jc5 :LOL:

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
no it wont, its the high RPM changes that causes the syncros to fail, no matter how easy you are with the box
Having spent most of my driving with JC5's im used to having to use mechanical sympathy with the boxes and not rushing them, always heal and toe even during normal driving and I killed syncros in 2x TL4's.

thats the reason the TL4's are fantastic on the DCi's, take loads of torque with no issues because they aint dealing with the high RPM

Clio Cup

What kind of driveshaft issues.....

Clio Cup
I just want a cheaper alternative for my charged 197. Ratios on the 250 box would be better allied to an Lsd for cheaps means its a favorable option

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep

Thread bump time!

@Brigsy who does the refurb with lsd at that price?

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Price has gone up now £835 for refurbed pk4018 https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/133719541028

Theres a few on ebay at the moment

Reckon it's compatible with this? Mk3 Laguna gt, f4rt

EC6247D5-3DBB-4F94-9F92-2A36BBFA1544.jpeg

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
250 box should go straight in, in theory. Not sure what the clutch is like for pk4 but cant imagine its much different