ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

megane gearbox into clio

clio 182
I'm just enquiring as I'm thinking into buying a megane box to put into my clio for my boost build,

I have been told 1/2 inch of chassis leg needs cutting for it to to fit and use clio shafts with megane inner joints and clio outer cv joints,

Only enquiry is can this work as I want a box that'll be more reliable, problem I see is why spend 1k on a dif and get the clio box reconditioned which will surely still put more stress on gearbox with lsd when I could buy an r36 box or an megane box for 200 then lsd for 600 so I've been quoted and get it yo fit?

It's designed for a turbo megane 225 so surely it'll be more reliable than a normal jc5 clio box! I Do not want to spend half of my time worrying or changing gearboxes every few months lol!

Has anyone done this?