ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Megane Or Clio?

Renault Clio 172 Sport
I there,

I have an 02 172 at the moment, and im being forced by my fiance to get rid of my motorbike which is my pride and toy!.
I have been told I can get a newer and faster car, ive been looking at Megane 225's, can anyone tell me if they are any better / faster than the car ive got? I know the megane will be a newer car however I need to know what extra the megane will have to offer me. ie power, 0-60 etc etc. If anyone can assist I would be grateful.
Thanks,
Chris

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Normal 225 doesn't appeal to me at all, a R26 however.

Clio 182 (Black Beauty)
I there,

I have an 02 172 at the moment, and im being forced by my fiance to get rid of my motorbike which is my pride and toy!.
I have been told I can get a newer and faster car, ive been looking at Megane 225's, can anyone tell me if they are any better / faster than the car ive got? I know the megane will be a newer car however I need to know what extra the megane will have to offer me. ie power, 0-60 etc etc. If anyone can assist I would be grateful.
Thanks,
Chris

58043499_0c54cd64c6.png

make her pay for getting rid of ur bike, come home with an evo one day lol

Renault Clio 172 Sport
I there,

Thanks,
Chris

58043499_0c54cd64c6.png

make her pay for getting rid of ur bike, come home with an evo one day lol

LOVL, Thats class.
Its not really her, its her family and my mother etc. I was involved in a nasty bike accident recently (I wasnt hurt) but my bro in law was, hence the pressure.
I was looking at either an Evo8 or a P1, however im told that the P1's are unreliable, and the Evo's are just stupid for servicing which is every 4500 miles.

Renault Clio 172 Sport
So whats so good about these R26's? And can you get them second hand? how much? ie do they do like an older model or is the R26 a new model? Im interested to know about them?

clio...
In my eyes.. I think the R26 is the pinnacle of the RS range at the minute. Good value for money, Good engines, good sized car, Good handling. Theres been much talk on them around here, see if you can search up some threads.
If it was me, I'm pretty sure thats where my money would be going. Suppose there is always things like the S2000, Focus St, Focus RS, Golf R32 (mk4) or the new (mk5) Golf GTI, But i think all in all I'd be pretty confident with putting my pounds in the R26.

BMW E46 330i Touring
Depends on your budget, you can get a much better car for a little bit more than the cost of a new Meggy.