ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Megane R26 Vrs Golf GTi

Leon Cupra 300
While looking at the vids, check that F40 vs Veryon its pretty good.. specially when he exits the junctionin the F40 with an armful of opposite lock :D

MCS R56
The meg is the daddy at the moment.

Until the 280 bhp fwd focus RS comes out

ian

We will see. It will be interesting to see if Ford have managed to avoid the ever present torque steer that made the previous RS one of the most annoying cars to drive in the history of hot hatches. (They seem to have done okay with current ST)

280BHP is too much for FWD cars, in my opinion. I would prefer a sorted Megane over 280BHP.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
The new focus RS can be seen in autocar this week,Sales of the the focus ST have doubled that of the golf GTI in its first year so they are going for the RS model now.It will be 30% more powerful and have the rally car looks.It will ride on 19's and have a slip diff,It will be 2wd and have 280 bhp comming from fords 5 cylinder engine that i think the volvo has in it....
The best bit is it will cost £21,000 which is a great car for the money and with that power will give the scooby and evo 4wd boys arun for there money on the D/C's

ian

SLK 350
To be fair, looks like the Golf driver is a bit of a nancy...

And the golf does kinda almost catch up at the end....

BUT STILL WHOOP WHOOP to Renault...:rasp:

http://www.evo.co.uk/videos/trackdayvideos/205152/renaultsport.html

I'd say the Golf driver was giving it plenty enough beans. The only reason the Golf caught up though was because the Meggy took a woeful line through that chicane.

Nice to see the Meggy holding a good tight inside line at speed though, prooves they finally got it right I guess, as up until the Trophy it's something it's struggled with immensely.

Nice watch :)

Evo 8 Jap Crap
Will people stop going on about the Focus RS there wont be one, just get over it.

And if you believe what that s**t car mag autocar says then it would be FWD not 4WD

Ad

MK2 FRS
I'd get the golf purely for that fact it might be worth something in 3 years.

lol and me, ad on better build and better service, in white...

Also the golf is well over 2yrs old and it hasnt taken them about 4 attempts to get it right.....

Ad

MK2 FRS
as said, the R26 can be had for 15k, how much is a golf new?

not that old chesnut;)

when BMNC deliver one, then it can be used as a plus point.

thats plus metallic and is pre-regd. Where as VW dont need to pre-reg golfs to sell them.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
as said, the R26 can be had for 15k, how much is a golf new?

not that old chesnut;)

when BMNC deliver one, then it can be used as a plus point.

thats plus metallic and is pre-regd. Where as VW dont need to pre-reg golfs to sell them.

i don't know whether or not a broker has delivered an R26. But atleast I'm not prattling on about how much better the R26/225 is than the GTI, if I had the money I think I would have gone for the Golf as well, but I preferred to keep money back for savings and buy the 225. I also like the unique look of the Megane which you certainly don't get with the Golf.

Last edited: