ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Meganes?

1999 Clio 1.2 8V
Basically I've been thinking about what the next car's going to be, pretty much settled with a 1.9 DCi megane 120 (I've got a thing for arses)

Anyway, does anyone know if theres a forum similar to cliosport where I could check out what some people do to them?

Cheers

JoshOm3

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup'182/Rs2'd Trophy
Why not look at a megane dci 175. Practically a 225 but with a diesel lump.

If I had said car above I would try the meg forum.

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
Terrible cars, i work for Renault and the Mrs has owned one, massively s**t.

1999 Clio 1.2 8V
Well its my second car haha, insurance isn't too bad on the 120 but i'm pretty sure the 175 would skint me for life.

What exactly is crap about them? I've got a good few months to make my mind up

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
Well its my second car haha, insurance isn't too bad on the 120 but i'm pretty sure the 175 would skint me for life.

Electrical faults.
Non start
key cards
Turbos
Window regs
Water leaks (normally they are like a pond when you pull the carpet up.)
Wiper motors
Boot button
Steering arms
Ball joints
C.V boots
Springs
engine mounts

List goes on. On the other hand the 225s and 230s are normally ok.

1999 Clio 1.2 8V
Electrical faults.
Non start
key cards
Turbos
Window regs
Water leaks (normally they are like a pond when you pull the carpet up.)
Wiper motors
Boot button
Steering arms
Ball joints
C.V boots
Springs
engine mounts

List goes on. On the other hand the 225s and 230s are normally ok.

If I could afford to buy and run a 230 I would, but it's pretty much going to be either the 1.5 or 1.9 dci

on the sports its the injectors/window regs and door pockets that go. the rest are consumables. but in 6 years ive had a leak twice and one window go. some are fine, some dogs.

An orange one
My r26 must have been a Friday afternoon one, hated that car with its electrical problems and then the self imploding rear window which proceeded to scratch all the bootlid! That was the final straw for
me

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Lets all try and remember that the 225/230's were all built in a completely different factory.

Megane non sports are complete crap. Literally fall apart in your hands.

1999 Clio 1.2 8V
Lets all try and remember that the 225/230's were all built in a completely different factory.

Megane non sports are complete crap. Literally fall apart in your hands.

Literally cannot be any worse than my clio. The wheel fell off the other day. I am not kidding.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Literally cannot be any worse than my clio. The wheel fell off the other day. I am not kidding.

They are worse than your clio.

I literally cannot think of another make/model of car that is as bad build quality wise. Absolutely s**t.

You seem to be completely blinkered and the likelyhood is you will buy one anyway. I will say this...

I TOLD YOU SO!

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin

i was gonna suggest the 175. theyre suprisingly cheap to insure. i was going to get one but the 197 wasnt too much more to insure :)

i cant imagine the 2.0 175 would be much more to insure than a 1.9 120

meganesport.net