ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Megclio conversion

Clio
Hi I have got clio 197 and thinking to do megane MK4 rs280 conversion and just wondering anyone done this before

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I had one. (I bought it already built)

Mine was standard 225 power and if I’m honest, I was massively disappointed in it. If it had a diff, about 300bhp and a louder exhaust, it would have made sense but being totally honest, it was no more fun than a standard 197/200.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Hi I have got clio 197 and thinking to do megane MK4 rs280 conversion and just wondering anyone done this before
I'm not sure anyone's done one yet so imo its a lot of work (and cost id imagine) when the F4RT conversion is easy, tried and tested and bits are readily available.

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
If you came across the engine and gearbox cheap enough you could give it ago but I think the mk4 is possibly a completely different platform car, where as the earlier 2.0ltr f4r based engines are a direct bolt in affair.

I have seen a mk4 clio 1.6T swapped into a clio mk3 though so might be pretty simple with the mk4 meg engine too 🤷‍♂️

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
The Mk4 bay looks like a massive snake pit and I imagine the electronics would be much more work than making the greasy bits fit. Anythings possible though.

EthanMenace

ClioSport Club Member
  2010 Clio 200 Cup
If you came across the engine and gearbox cheap enough you could give it ago but I think the mk4 is possibly a completely different platform car, where as the earlier 2.0ltr f4r based engines are a direct bolt in affair.

I have seen a mk4 clio 1.6T swapped into a clio mk3 though so might be pretty simple with the mk4 meg engine too [emoji2369]

Don’t suppose there’s a thread/ some pictures of this somewhere? Would love to see this…