ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

megs 3 stage polish/wax

BMW F31
as it was nice and sunny yesterday i thought i'd wash and wax my car.

the missus bought me the 3 stage megs paint restorer, crystal finish polish, and carnauba wax.

any way applied all three coats and it looks the dogs :)

my question is how do i keep it protected now?

how often should i try and clean it now? usually at the moment i just try and wait for a dry weekend (as most i expect), do i need to just wax from now on to keep the wax topped up, or should polish and then wax?

please help as i'd like to know how to keep her protected :)

im not 100% but what i usually do (or have done after the PCing) is wash every week, then every couple of weeks SRP it and add some more EGP over winter and some wax as well. obv time dependant now im back in uni :(

jamie

106 GTi
Megs stage 3 wax is not very durable I would doubt you will get more than 3-4 weeks protection at this time of year.

Worth getting a durable sealant like Autoglym Extra Gloss which should get you a couple of months if you get a couple of coats on.

Failing that top up with wax every few weeks. No need to polish unless you have defects to remove. I try and limit polishing to twice a year.

BMW F31
thats what i was thinking , cheers rich :)

i was gonna top up the wax every 3/4 weeks anyway which aint really a problem as i have it now and may as well use it :p

cant believe the difference it has made to the monaco blue though, all the little bits of metallic really shine through now :)