ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Megs + autoglym

1.8 Civic EX
ok so would this be a good idea...

Megs NXT Car wash
Megs NXT Tech Wax
AG Ultra Deep shine
AG Extra Gloss Protection

Good result? any steps I shouldn't bother with? any steps I've missed? (I have some clay but not going to clay it this time round...)

to be done to my Monaco Blue so I want to really bring the colour out and get a good deep shine...

also the 2.0 side badges seem to have funny little rust looking spots on them...any tips for sorting them and getting them shiney too?

106 GTi
No point uisng the Megs NXT Wax before the Autoglym.

In the same token AG Extra Gloss Protection wont bond to the AG Ultra Deep shine

Most of those steps will counter act each other.

Best of washing, polishing with AG Super Resin and then a couple of coats of AG Extra Gloss Protection.

To enhance looks further you could add a pure carnuba wax over the top.

I used Clearkote Hand Glaze, Zymol HD Cleans topped with Zymol Titanium wax and P21s Wax the other week on Monaco and that turned out sweet.

As for the badges AG Tar Remover, some Clay and a good polish with Autoglym Super Resin should get them looking as good as new.

1.8 Civic EX
how'd I know it would your good self that replied first?!? haha cheers Rich...not sure when I'm going to get round to doing it but it really does need doing!

1.8 Civic EX
just another quickie...

how long should I leave the Extra Gloss on before buffing off and will it be alright to use one of those foam applicator pads to put it on? I've got a few at home not being used for anything...

106 GTi
Foam pads will be fine.

Leave the EGP on for at least 30 mins, I tend to leave it on for an hour at least. The main aim is to apply it as thin as possible.

106 GTi
The Clearkote VM Glaze will remove some of the the EGP.

A pure Glaze likes Megs #7 Show Car Glaze could fit in between the EGP and Nattys Blue though.

106 GTi
Will look good, the more durable finish will be AG SRP, EGP and then the wax straight away.