ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Meguairs and Porta cable speeds! and help!

Hello all

got a PC, had it a while now, so tomorrow is the day for the TVR. Anyhow done it before a few times but got some questions!

1. does anyone have the guide of what speed to use with the meguiars products, there was a guide somewhere but cant find it!!

2. This is what i do...

1. Wash
2. Shammy
3. Porta cable sonus orange with 83
4. buff
5. Porta cable sonus green with 80
6. buff
7. Porta cable sonus blue nxt extreme
9. buff
10. P21 by hand

now what speeds should i be using and how much, as when i did it before on the peugeot it the polish dried right up and got hard to remove in certain patches!

GRant

106 GTi
83 - X or circle round the pad to prime, then the same per panel or area you working, spread it out at speed 2, and 6 with slow hand passes to remove defects.

80 - Same amount of product. Again 2 to spread it evenly and I normally work polishing at speed 5 or maybe 6 depending on paint shape.

NXT - prime pad with the X or circle round the edge, then add a pound sized blob per area to apply after speed 3-4.

Remember try the least agressive approach first , dont use 83 and a cutting pad if 80 and a polishing pad is all the car needs.

106 GTi
I would always do the tyres! A little more for the clay due to the time involved.

Just to wash, machine polish and seal takes me 4-8 hours depending on paint. To do a full show detail, clay, wheel arches etc would take me two days.

Have spent nearly 3 days on my own car and I am still polishing the paint!