ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Melting dashboard on Clio Help!

Renault Clio
My 18 month old Clio (30k mileage) at the first service I reported something going wrong with the pattern on the dash. Firstly let me say we have never used air fresheners, sprays or anything on the dash due to the happening. The diamond pattern started to blend together in the pattern, then it merges and blisters, then they pop and form bubbles. This is happening in the lines of the pattern and across random areas of the dash. I took the dash to some panel beaters who pointed out that the entire dash was warping as the vinyl is melted from the glue underneath. They questioned the safety of the car as the warping is in the area of the air bags. The dealer refused to do anything and submitted photos to Renault but told me that they would not be recommending it be fixed under warranty. I reached out across Renault and the national customer service manager in Australia sent me a very short sharp letter saying 'no' and go away. I reported to the MTA and the dealer has now said I am not to come into the dealership again. I purchased the car with a capped price service agreement so how am I supposed to get my car serviced. The next renault dealer is about 2 hours away. Has anyone had this problem. It is getting worse by the day.

Attachments

• image1.jpg
    image1.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 116
  • image8.jpg
    image8.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 153
  • image7.jpg
    image7.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 108
  Land Rover
On the surface that seems like appalling service from the dealer.
Have you looked online to see if anybody else has had a similar issue with their car dashboard deteriorating in this way?

Dealers don’t normally ban customers even when they make complaints. How did you end up getting banned from the dealership?
And l am wondering why the customer services sent a similar response. It seems unusual.