ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mental Safari Bug?

So I opened iTunes and all of a sudden, what sounded like a garbled German radio station started playing. So I was all like WTF?

I quit iTunes but the sounds were still playing. The only other opened app was safari. No open tabs that could be playing such sounds. So I quit Safari, and it stopped.

Like W.T.F.

I'm in the UK at the moment but I was connected to the internet through a German VPN when this 'incident' occured.

True story BTW. Anyone ever experienced anything similar? Proper creepy. Ghosts? Aliens?

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Flash?

I've seen this behaviour before on windows in internet explorer.

There was a tab open with an embedded YouTube video, but I hadn't even clicked it.

This was on a Mac by the way.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
There was a tab open with an embedded YouTube video, but I hadn't even clicked it.

This was on a Mac by the way.

There's your answer then, flash. Connected through a german VPN any adverts (or crap like that) will be served in german.

Flash is s**t.

It was all crossed up though. There was German narrative which seemed very much like a radio presenter's voice, but it was playing over at least one other audio track.

I'm going with Aliens trying to make contact.

EDIT: So not Aliens then?