ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MessageLabs ... any good ?

Golf Mk6 Oil Burner
Any other online service out there highly rated for anti-virus / anti-spam ?

Cheers

we had no end of trouble with them hence our entire group dropped them. webroot use more scan engines and filters to block viruses and spam also their webportal i much better reporting is great they also can do archiving image blocking encryption deep content scanning etc etc also we find its faster than message labs

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
ML are far too expensive for what they actually offer

We use some s**t called MailMarshal internally here, which is s**t

DMS

A thirsty 172
MessageLabs are OK as far as filtering and spam blocking goes, but there are way better (and cheaper) solutions out there. A problem I've found with MessageLabs in the past is that they're always changing the IP address ranges used by their servers. A few of our customers are always logging support calls because they aren't receiving email, only for me or one of the other guys to find that the ACL on their PIX/ASA/StoneGate FW doesn't contain the address range that MessageLabs claim to be relaying from.

Try MXSweep. They're very good and VERY cheap - highly recommended.
Google offer a similar service which is apparently based on Gmail, which is also meant to be very good.
But, if cost isn't an issue, a managed email service from Postini is about as good as it gets IMO.

Golf R
we ditched ML in favour of Mimecast... Mimecast for us worked out providing better functionality, protection and most importantly a better price over ML.

182FF with cup packs
We moved from Messagelabs to Websense Hosted (used to be Blackspider). Saved an absolute bloody fortune, and it just works.

Google offer a similar service which is apparently based on Gmail, which is also meant to be very good.
But, if cost isn't an issue, a managed email service from Postini is about as good as it gets IMO.

Postini is owned by Google, so it's probably the same thing.

DMS

A thirsty 172
Postini is owned by Google, so it's probably the same thing.

Good point, I forgot about that. When we used to use Postini (in my previous, previous, previous job) they were still privately owned.
They used to handle all Yahoo!'s mail too, I don't know if they still do? At one point they were handling 93% of all email sent globally.

Golf Mk6 Oil Burner
Thanks guys, a good few options for me to look at there!

Have to say I like the look of the Google/Postini offering with full email online. The 'Google Message Security' product also has the option to retain upto 10 years worth of email (sent and received) for £22.50 a user pa.

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
We use it along with a few other things, it's mainly in use as it's gov approved. Had the odd issue now and again but on the whole it's been fine, nothing outstanding though