ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

meta alarm

renault clio 172
just wondering is my alarm a standard type for a ph1 ,172 ,i use a genuine renault key with remote central locking on the key,on one window is a sticker warning of a meta alarm ,also any idea how much another key with remote built in would cost from renault

Carrera 4S. Clio 172. M5
As far as I am aware, Renault don't fit Meta.
The dockside fit alarms are Cobra, the accessory ones are Sigma.

Whats your problem, exactly.

renault clio 172
only got one key and trying to find out if it is the genuine renault one and any idea how much a spare is the alarm seems to work fine

Carrera 4S. Clio 172. M5
you should be able to buy additional keys for it, do you have the instructions for adding a key. ?

renault clio 172
no i dont would thought you would need a masterkey like i had on my coupe to do it yourself

renault clio 172
meta alarm 001 (Small).jpg

meta alarm 002.jpg

meta alarm 003.jpg

meta alarm 006.jpg

meta alarm 004.jpgright dont now if they worked 1st try at uploading photos on this site

Carrera 4S. Clio 172. M5
Ade,
the pictures are a bit small, but from what is visible,
The first two are just the standard Clio key.
The next one I cant see properly but is that just the window sticker ?

The thing on the screen is a warning light and receiver antenna, and the last picture shows the over-ride key receptacle.

If the alarm if its not going mad, it must be turned off.

Do you not have something like this ???

meta.jpg

renault clio 172
no aint got one of those but as you say the key says renault on it and works the same as all the others but on the dash passenger side the sensor says meta on it and when i arm the alarm it flashes when on so was wondering if someones added it to the original prob will have to call in to the nearest dealer and try and get a spare

Carrera 4S. Clio 172. M5
It sounds like an add-on alarm that is controlled by the central locking. Pretty much the same as the Cobra one Renault fit.

So all you are missing is the by-pass key that plugs into the little socket, if the alarm fails.

To see if it is working properly, try this, somewhere away from home !!!

Lock the car using the remote on your key, wait 30 seconds, then open the door by putting the key in the lock. The alarm should sound and the lights should flash.

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
I have that same alarm on my 172. Exactly the same, dont know if it was standard or not, i thought it was but reading this maybe not.