ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

** Metal Monkey Group Buy **

As some of you may or may not know , Ive been discussing the possibility of a group buy with metal monkey. I have got to say a big thankyou to Naomi and Mike from metal monkey, they have been most understanding and generous.

Now... the details.
We have been offered a very good discount of £20 off any set of clio dials, which is a whopping discount of approx 25%
The dials available are http://www.metal-monkey.co.uk/acatalog/Renault.htmlDials

I had been reading the other dial group buy fiasco , but please remember that Metal Monkey are an established company, with many happy customers right here on this forum.

So basically any clio dials for £65, instead of £85.
They can also offer you any font (the font must be available in MS Word)for an additional £25, and also any logo for an additional £15.

Personally I am getting the cliosport logo on mine, and anyone else is welcome to have the same, or indeed any other logo you choose. Here is a pic of what it may look like.
http://www.riversidekoi.com/tort/clio/NickyMK2_160mph.jpgCS logo design

To make things simpler, they have asked that all the dials are purchased using one payment method, and one delivery address. I am prepared to take on the resposibility of handling this.
The total cost to you would be £65 (plus any logo or change of font) and £3 delivery. I realise that some of you may not be happy sending me your money, and I completely understand this. I can only offer my address/phone number. And your more than welcome to contact metal monkey to check the validity of this. If you do decide to contact them just give them my name - Nicky, and tell them your from CS.
However only via the group buy will you get this discount ! They cannot offer the discount directly.

For those of you that are not happy sending your money to me, i have managed to negotiate another deal. If you phone Metal Monkey and quote your CS member number you will get a £10 discount. Better than nothing i suppose :)

Also, if anyone wants samples of the colours, pm your ful name and postal address and I will get metal monkey to post them out to you.

Because there are so many dials available, it is your responsibilty to make sure that you are ordering the correct dials !! For this purpose everyone who wants a set must go to the website chose the dials and colouring (fonts and logos aswell, if required) You must then send me an email, with a picture of the dials (just copy it from the website) along with your colour options/fonts/logo.
I will save each email, and that way if anyone orders the wrong dials , there will be no come back to me.

My email address is <a href= "mailto:metalmonkey@riveresidekoi.com">HERE

I think that about covers it , if you have any questions let me know.

Something I left out.

The MK1 16V dials will have the same £20.00 discount bringing them down to
£75.00.

Metal Monkey have recently moved away from having the hanging monkey logo on the dials
but still have the web address. I know lots of the Renault Clio dials still
have the monkey and it is pot luck whether a customer will have them or not.

However, if you specify that you want a logo on it... YOU WILL NOT have the Hanging metal monkey or the web address on them.
If you specifically do not want a custom logo, or the hanging metal monkey its an extra £15 as the dials have to be made from scratch as apposed to them being already in stock.

Some MK1 Clios have yellow perspex plates which sit behind the dials. These
have influenced the colour choice in the past, but you can now get clear perspex which means a greater colour
choice (blue included). Let me know if you require the clear backing plate.

Due to financial constraints, I would be interested in just the perspex backing plate in Blue to get rid of the nasty orange in my car.

Do you know how much these are on their own?

thanks,

/Mad

Madcowz,

The backing plates are clear perspex. This allows the colour of the dials, ie blue, green whatever to shine through properly. With the old orange backing it adds a tinge to the dials.

With regards to your finances, drop me a PM. Might be able to sort something out.

VaVa

Id like some of these. I would like the same as yours monkeh, but with blue numbers and the Renaulsport logo in place of the Cliosport Logo.

BTW, are these hard to fit?

There is a guide for the Mk1 172 on the CS homepage. I imagine it will be something similar.

THe RS logo is no problem.
Ill wait until weve got a 6 or so definates and ill order.

dk

911 GTS Cab

Quote: Originally posted by phunkey_monkeh on 09 August 2004

Yeah, i know.

Thats being sorted. Look at my piccy above.
dont forget the Gear change indicator though phunkey!

One more thing.

Metal Monkey want 50% of the payment on order, and 50% when ready to ship.

Originally I was going to just ask for it all up front, but if you are anything like me cash is a bit tight. So if anyone wants to pay 50% when ordering and then the rest when they are ready to be shipped ill happily accomodate. Should help bring it down a bit.

I imagine that the space between ordering and delivery will be 3-4 weeks. So it gives you a bit of time to get the other half .

Thanks

Nicky

Dont have any pics of these in a car, ill ask Naomi if they have any.

Also with regards to payment, either cash, postal order or cheque is preferable.

I will take paypal, but for obvious reasons i dont want to be out of pocket. So if you decide to pay me using paypal I will have to ask you to pay the paypal fees aswell.

172 M69 eater

phunkey,

i am gonna get paid next fri so ill send u the money then

gonna need 16v dials in electric blue/red, no monkey but a clio sport logo instead on the rev counter!!

patty

172 M69 eater

oh and no oils dials pls mate, jus the main dials! and i dont need the clear perspex as they already have it

patty

dk

911 GTS Cab

Quote: Originally posted by lagerlout1 on 09 August 2004

Something like this for me.... always wanted blue dials....:D

http://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/cliosport/gallery/full/1092083305__Untitled-1copy.jpg
i thought i read on the website that on these you cannot choose the colour as it is determined by the amber led lights behind the dash?

Clio MK2 140mph

Backing colour limited by inbuilt Yellow/orange LEDs behind dials.

[Edited by dave182 on 09 August 2004 at 9:56pm]

dk

911 GTS Cab

thats what i was thinking too lager, turned me off only being able to have amber again though, blue would be nice like the VWs

Doesnt mean that you can only have yellow/orange chaps.

Its only affected by certain colours... ie white etc.

If you are unsure email metal monkey....but i bet that blue will be no problem at all.

Basically if the colour is darker than the standard amber it will be fine.

Got a reply from Metal Monkey folks:

"Yes, there are Orange Leds behind the MK2 dials. Unfortunately these are not the simple LEDs which can be unscrewed but are welded onto the circuit board. It is possible to change these surface mounted LEDs but will require a lot of effort. Two businesses / sites who are knowledgeable and have been helpful to other customers are http://www.dlight.co.uk/U face=Arial color=#800080 www.dlight.co.uk/U and http://www.ultraleds.co.uk/U face=Arial color=#800080 www.ultraleds.co.uk/U

If you were to keep the original LEDS then you will have to work with the colour. I am afraid blue is out (blue + orange = murky brown). The colours which will work well are white(but tinged with yellow when lit), yellow, orange, red, burgundy and neon pink."

Uh huh!! Not much of a group buy yet then??

Must be some other people????

Like I said - its only a night its going to affect some of the colours and if youre handy with a soldering iron, it cant be that difficult to change the LEDs anyway I wouldnt have thought?!

A bit of solder here and there.

If i was going for a different colour to yellow then i would probably change the lights. And this yellow bulb thing only applies to mk2 clios anyway. :)

Its tricky! Ive had some samples through from them and tried holding them up against an orange light. The colours do completely change, but then its only at night?! Ive got to decide too!! Was going to go with pink, but even that looks red and I originally wanted green but that doesnt really work!! :s