ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

** Metal Monkey Group Buy **

Polo + Micra

anyone know how much it would cost for the dials out of a scrap car, cos i would like to try the idea of trying to solder some white smt leds on their first

There are orange LEDs in the plugs under my desk - was just holding them up against them - must give a similar colour effect??

Also noticed on the way home that the needles on the dials are actually orange too!! :( So going to look weird with too many different colours?! :s

Hmmmmm...might just go for white with the kph in the colour I want, that way there arent too many odd colours?!

The needle itself isnt orange though is it ? Its white ?

Its just the colour bulb behind it i think. Im sure that could be covered with one of the sample colours i have :)

Rev counter needle, speedo needle, petrol needle and temp needle - all orange and way too fiddly to cover in anything!!

Ahh cover the bulb!! Lol!! I see!! :p

I didnt notice either, but was having a look to try and work out what colours I wanted and noticed the bloody needles were still orange during the day too!! :(

Uh huh! Didnt know if it was just my models!

Anyway - have to choose colours that still go with orange whatever then!! Lol!

Might just got with white background or something?!

Its not looking like much of a group buy at the moment anyway Colin_S.

Im not really sure if its worth the bother now, unless people really want them .

I dont want to order these and people be disappointed for whatever reason.

I know the Metal monkey quality is superb... its just the colour situation and the needles thats the problem.

Im happy to do this if people really want it though. I will probably be getting some for myself regardless.

I will probably get some regardless too - but might stick to white or orange with the colours!! Still look smashing with the metal dial display!! :)

You should be okay with yellow anyway Nicky - maybe get the kph colour in orange/yellow to tie in with the dials like it does now??! :s

It was £10 off without the group buy wasnt it Nicky?

Well done on arranging it anyway!! Dont seem to have enough for a group buy which is a shame but not to worry!! :)

Polo + Micra

is the needle orange or is it just a orange backing???

if they are just an orange backing, they could be just sanded off with 1200 grit wet or dry and leave it white

Maybe theyll give you the full discount as we are trialling them for the club!! ;) Hehe!

Hmmmm...still got to decide on the colour! Will let you know as soon as I do fella! :)

Probably will just stick to white I think maybe or lime green and orange?! :s Lol!!

i gauruntee that once uve got these done and fitted more people will want them!

so convince them to give you a bigger discount!

Just emailed them again and think I have decided on my colours with their help!! They are really prompt and helpful by the way folks! Seem like lovely people if anyone wants any advice on choosing dials!!

Will probably order direct Nicky as there is not really a group buy and I have been talking to them direct!! Will let you know how it all goes!! :)

Cheers for your help and for arranging it all tho! Youre a star!! (y)

Going to have lime green as the main colour (which will just go yellow at night) and orange covered with silver as the secondary colour (which will look silver in the day and go orange at night) to match the dials and LEDs!! :)

Ive ordered it now!! Woo hoo!! Exciting!! Just got to then find the time to take the dash apart next (which nearly got ruined the last time :s)!! Lol!!

Lol!! Will do!! But I warn you, you may be waiting a while!! Lol!!

Got to get my b/f to fit it for me yet!! Lol!! ;)

350z & 16v Maxi

i did a group buy for MJ Design Dials, i got 10 people and it all started in oct last year and we have not seen any dials yet!!!

Yeah but thats because the owner of MJ Design legged it with your money.

Metal monkey seem to be a reputable company, and already have happy customers on this forum.

Looks like the group buy isnt going ahead at this time anyway, people are unsure about colour limitations etc.

Im still gonna get some for myself. :)

172 M69 eater

i was still in anyhows dude but if its off then i guess ill have to place my order direct unless we can drum up some more ppl!

patty

Mine are ordered and should be here tomorrow, but not sure when they will be fitted! Will keep you posted though!! ;)

Didnt hear the postman this morning, so will pick them up from the post office tomorrow and post a pic of them tomorrow afternoon (not fitted!!).

Service from Metal Monkey has been second to none I might add!! :D