ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Metal noise

clio 1.4 sport
Hi last night a parked my car up at work all fine. Started up 8 hours later and it has a weird noise coming from under the bonnet. its kinda like a metal hitting metal noise quite fast.

My uncle seems to think its a pump.

When i turned my wheel this morning the noise went away but now this lunch time i turned my wheel and the noise gets quieter but doesnt actually go! Anyone help?

b/g 182, meg tourer
my brothers made this kind of noise just before the cambelt snapped £1300, and 16valves later.
check age, mileage and if the belt has been changed

clio 1.4 sport
my brothers made this kind of noise just before the cambelt snapped £1300, and 16valves later.

How long till it snapped from making the noise?

I need to know how long i have lol.

How much is it to get a new cambelt fitted?

clio 1.4 sport

Also im not saying your wrong i just no nothing about cars. But how is the cambelt relating to a metal hitting metal noise?