ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Metal to glass bonding

Golf GTD Mk7
My rain sensor attachment keeps coming away and the wipers don't work on auto. I've tried apoxy glue, but that's not working great. I've seen that halfords sell a rear view mirror glue, but there are mixed reviews about it. Any one got any tricks of the trade :)

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
if you go into your local audi and ask for a repair kit for the a4 rear mirror, they fall off quite alot and the repair kit is propper stuff

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
My rain sensor attachment keeps coming away and the wipers don't work on auto. I've tried apoxy glue, but that's not working great. I've seen that halfords sell a rear view mirror glue, but there are mixed reviews about it. Any one got any tricks of the trade :)

Araldite it. The fucker is going no where then.

Black Gold Trophy
It should be actually held to the screen with two metal clips, however it needs to be sealed to the screen using the pad and some form of clear gel.
Don't stick the face of the sensor to the screen, as you'll damage it

Golf GTD Mk7
It should be actually held to the screen with two metal clips, however it needs to be sealed to the screen using the pad and some form of clear gel.
Don't stick the face of the sensor to the screen, as you'll damage it

It's not the sensor mate, it's the metal surround that the sensor clips on to.

Araldite good stuff then rhys?