ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Miata Turbo Drift Build

DCI100
Here's my first rwd car/ drifter :

Plans are: coilovers, camber, bucket seats and harness's then drift as much as possible.

Whilst i'm doing that i'm building a turbo lump for the car. will be a a 1.6 with forged conrods and all ARP bolts & and gas flowed head (will post pictures of the head in a few weeks) I'll be using a Megasquirt ECU to control it all, and a Garatt T25 turbo from a 200 sx or similar.

Photo30-12-2012131635_zps4e31cad0.jpg

The roof was damaged. I was suprised how much it weighed... so err i'm not fitting a new one !
smile.png

Photo30-12-2012143211_zpsc4065d3c.jpg
]

Bit more srtipped than this now. Cleaning it all out. repairing the one small bit of rust in the passanger foot well. And will be making a plate to replace where the heater matrix/radio controls are with all my switches and stuff
smile.png

Photo30-12-2012143206_zpsd8c859e3.jpg

Bucket seats which im fitting in the coming days. Keeping seat belts until i get my hands on some 5 point harness's and fabricate a bar across the back to secure them.

Photo29-12-2012141626_zps9bd2aad3.gif

Rear panel is damaged. Might get a new one if one pops up. But i'm not that bothered after all it is a drift ****.

Photo30-12-2012160846_zps3d75fca5.gif

i bought these the other day so will stick them on when i get a chance
smile.png

I also ordered my Megasquirt 2 ecu from rev for a very reasonable price, will get that in a month
smile.png

once thats installed and running properly i'll be collecting the parts for a T25 turbo setup.

ryze9yne.jpg

urenepyv.jpg

image_zps5996934d.gif

Photo2013-04-14181938_zps0957bdd7.gif

Photo2013-04-14184500_zps5a5c65c4.gif

DCI100
azygapuh.jpg
5ygere4a.jpg

The new head for the turbo build. It's now in work and ill be stripping it down to gas flow fair soon :)

Rb 182
Nice. I'm heavily thinking about an mx5 next. Been sayin it for a year or more now. Need to man up (or man down?) and just buy one.

​Great progress fella.

DCI100
Just go for it bro. I bought mine after it had been standing for £300 bargain, it runs love so was a good base.

Awesome fun :)

I've got a cars worth of spares if you need anything. Including a healthy 1.6 engine & gearbox if anything goes majorly tits up!
Good luck with it, they're awesome :)

DCI100
Ohhh which engine the 90 or 115? Might be interested as I need a new block for the turbo build. !!! What other bits you got mate?

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Awesome !!! Won't be as fast though unless you do something fun like turbo it ;)

Not after speed tbh, just want something good on fuel, cheap to run, and still fun... Soft top is just a bonus ;)

Ohhh which engine the 90 or 115? Might be interested as I need a new block for the turbo build. !!! What other bits you got mate?

Its a '91 with the long nose crank, ran 120.5bhp not long ago. All sorts mate, literally have a whole car other than the interior sat on my driveway not doing a lot. Its classic red so might not be ideal body panel wise but hey. I'll send you a link to all the tasty bits when I get round to putting it all up for sale :)

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Then it'll be sweet :) prepare for the banter about it being a girls car though ;)

Mate I drive A Baby Blue Clio iv taken all that abuse already :rasp:

Joey il be pming you at some point for some advice x

DCI100
Mate I drive A Baby Blue Clio iv taken all that abuse already :rasp:

Joey il be pming you at some point for some advice x

I get this abuse too ! for a blue clio with white turbines :p
No worries, I kinda know them inside out now having built one :)

Nice one bud. Probably a fair old bit i'll end up having off you no doubt! as you can see i've taken on a now rather large project !!! (perhaps too large)

DCI100
Yeah you got it :) don't want a t28 because of the spool up :) so I'm going for a garratt t 25 like you say.

Surprisingly expensive now though as they seem to be getting less common.

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Awesome mate, not sure on the 'Magnum' seats tho, not sure how I feel about sitting on a magnum.

DCI100
Sitting on 'a magnum' is not a problem for me has they were basically free I refurbished some wheels for a friends dads car and in return I got a pair of seats from his rally car that the fia license had expired on :) sortedddddd :)

DCI100
pa9ahyva.jpg

bugeseba.jpg

adetuzu2.jpg

Stripped the head down in work just the valves to take out now. Will be gas flowed soon which I'm looking forward to. Now saving for some coil overs and new disks so I can get the car running :)