ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Michelin PE2

Hello

just a quick question for today with those running PE2's, does anyone else find that the seem to wear really quickly?!

my 172 is doing motorway work 50% of the time and seems to go through these pretty quick!

GP

Lotus Exige, 182
Get your tracking checked, PE2s last forever (unless you track the car!) I got over 25k of a set that were swapped from front to rear at about 20k or so.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Get your tracking checked, PE2s last forever (unless you track the car!) I got over 25k of a set that were swapped from front to rear at about 20k or so.
Agreed.

They last ages and ages and ages (and ages).

Definitely get your alignment checked out.

Astra SRI/ Hornet
There is 2 types 1 has softer compound. I went through fronts in 6k. It's something to do with the letters cos I noticed they were different to the backs.

There is 2 types 1 has softer compound. I went through fronts in 6k. It's something to do with the letters cos I noticed they were different to the backs.

Your making me feel slightly better.

I have been waiting posts of "you must drive like a cunit" etc etc

hmmm strange reviews!! my tracking/ allignment is good and the wear is totally even but it eats the front tyres!! I got mine through etyres and the last 10k miles if im lucky!

E11OOT

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 6/Ph1 v6/R34
on my 182 i did 36K (fronts) on my PE2's the only reason i changed them was because they were starting to crack through old age!

340i
PE2's lasted forever...

My last set consisted of:

25K road miles... (swapped front to rears after 12K)

1 track day

1 session at FCS

And I have just had a new set fitted last week!

I honestly dont consider i drive "that" hard.

Most of my driving is country lane's though, suppose that wont help.

Fabia vrs tdi
Pe2s are worth the extra in the long term then if they last that long. I got rainsport 2s seem to be wearing fast - will def get pe2s next time

Clio 182
My were on car when I bought car. Last year fronts (right now they are on rearaxle ) are 09 so one year old and about 10.000km (6.000 miles) and one trackday. Rear that are curently at front are 07. I'll swap them on next trackday (09 front and 07 on rear) and im sure i'll have to buy new set. 07 are bit harder and they dont grip well anyway. While you can almost see how fast 09 wear when you drive fast around corners. But they grip. :cool:

Nippy white cup
Ours don't last long at all...10k if we are lucky and we are hardly drag racing around town lol. It does have the 'drag you all over the road' problem that a few people have (driveshafts to be changed as soon as poss) which won't help but it is as said a pretty even wear

Chris

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
depends how quick you think is quick really.

the set i had on the car from before i bought it lasted somewhere between 15-20k miles.

i've had my new set on since last august, covered approx 3-4k miles since then, checked depth today and still had over 6mm all around!

they're a great long lasting tyre, must be why they're so expensive!

Trophy #473
I honestly cant understand how you guys are getting more than 15k out of a set of fronts!? Do you drive motorways all the time and not drive hard at all, Honestly, I cant see how thats possible. I had my fronts fitted 3000 miles ago and they are already half worn.

Clio 182 arctic
mine bar 1 have lasted a while. my n/s outer edge pe2 is close to legal limit, tracking is going to be checked although it could be my love of roundabouts.

Astra SRI/ Hornet
Yeah I've had pe2's on other cars and they did last well but I buy them for there grip on the Clio but it eats them. Lol tracking and everything is sound. You guys must just pootle round like grannys who don't let there suspension flex. LOL

PH1 172 Sport
I do allot of motorway miles but I do use all the available grip I can when I get the chance.