ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Michelin PE2's or Goodyear F1's?

DC5
These two tyres seem to be the most popular on here. Is there any difference in them, or is it all down to personal choice?

What are the characteristics for each tyre e.g. grip, wear?

Is Mytyres.co.uk the cheapest and best place to buy them from?

Cheers,

Matt

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
PE2s but 205/45 as the 182. You will be impressed by the difference..!

Will give you a little bit more grip front end, you might not notice it if you were going pe2 195 to pe2 205, however you probably would notice it going from crap worn out 195's to shiney new pe2 205's.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
I really like my f1s and they last fairly well ive driven mildly sensibly. That set that lasted 3k must have been wheelspun at every oppurtunity! Dont think you can go wrong with either tbh

EvilJohn said:
I really like my f1s and they last fairly well ive driven mildly sensibly. That set that lasted 3k must have been wheelspun at every oppurtunity! Dont think you can go wrong with either tbh
On your 1.4 they'll probably last as you have half the power but not on a 172/182, they wear too quickly, even the conti's don't last that long on them, 6~8k max. I didn't wheelspin at every opportunity I do a fair bit of motorway driving as well. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355
Fred2001Dynamic said:
F1's, purely because i hate the PE2's

Why do you hate the PE2's Fred?

Did you have problems with them or just didn't like the way the car handles on them?

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
Fred2001Dynamic said:
i just don't like those tyres, the "stiff" sidewalls are made from butter

i don't get on with them

Just like you dont get on with most people.

PE2s are the BEST ALL WEATHER ROAD TYRE..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
Just dont get those A539's that Fred push's, just like a pro push's cheep drugs...

DC5
Just looked on Mytyres at the price difference between 195s and 205s. The F1s are only a fiver more per tyre, but the PE2s go from £64.10 to £89.60, thats another 25 £.

This can't be right can it? Why such a big increase, especially when the F1s are only a fiver more?

E91 M Sport
^^^ Because Michelin are a$$holes and feel they can charge more than anyone else for the same thing. Having said that, PE2's are very good, probably thanks to having the clio in mind when they were designed.

Have you thought about Yoko Parada's? Not very popular (for clio's), but a few on here spank off over them.

Clio 190bhp Hybrid
Always had F1s due to price in 195/50/15. And always get longer than 12 months on a Valver. But then only gone through I think 10 tyres in nearly 5 years of ownership over 64k miles. Guess a lot can be down to driving style and car set up.

If someone goes through tyres every 3 months like they are saying above, it is definately their driving style that is the cause, as its not just F1s but Conti's too.

Clio 190bhp Hybrid
So go for F1s if price of PE2's are too expensive in same size (as I found). Although getting PE2's from Costco may make them more affordable if you know any1 with a card.

193 mk2
get verderstein ultrac a better tyre than both, and if you go 205, put them on the back and the 195's on front till they wear out then get new 205;s and again put the new 1's at the back & the old 1's at the front. your tyres will last longer!!!

DC5
I have just ordered 2 PE2's from mytyres.co.uk.

I have gone for the 195's as I can't warrant spending another £25 per tire to get 205s. If I didn't do so many miles I would have got the F1s in 205s.

I'm having a similar dilemma, hope you don't mind me joining in!

I'm deffo going for 205/45/16 (172 mk2) but haven't decided between F1s or PE2s - there's quite a difference in price between the two in this size...

I know both tyres have their fans (and non-fans ;)) on here, but basically all I want to know is: are PE2s worth the extra over F1s in terms of durability? I've heard that the F1s don't last as long as PE2s, but does that warrant paying the extra for PE2s?

Cheers

MEGANE
I've done two hard track days, Anglesey & Donington on pe2s,they show hardley any wear great tyres!!!