ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Micro SD cars fucked - will not format

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
My dashcam recently showed up that the SD card was not inserted, which is weird because I just leave it in there constantly writing over unless I need something off it.

So I thought it must be full. Swapped it over for another and that read the same thing. Strange.

I popped the first one into my adaptor and the PC cannot access the card, says it needs formatting first. Must have become corrupt. I'm not fussed about losing any info on it, but then the PC cannot format the card either.

I know cards can fail, so I am about to order a couple more, but could it be the camera that is causing them to corrupt? Or is it only virus' that do that?

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
Bit strange for two cards to say the same thing, especially if they were both previously working.

I'd say it could be the camera.

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
Bit strange for two cards to say the same thing, especially if they were both previously working.

I'd say it could be the camera.

I guess. But that's never moved from the car, not like I have plugged it direct into the PC or anything.

I will try the card reader again on a different PC. I don't want to put the card in my phone if it's got a virus.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
I guess. But that's never moved from the car, not like I have plugged it direct into the PC or anything.

I will try the card reader again on a different PC. I don't want to put the card in my phone if it's got a virus.

The second card you put in, was that known to be working ok previously?

Rystar

ClioSport Club Member
  2003 Clio 172
Flash memory does have read/write limits where it will just die with age, devices like dashcams which are constantly reading/writing will soon burn through this especially on the cheaper brands of card