ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mid Range Tyres

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
I'm currently running 15" 2118's with 205/50 R15 Michelin PE2's and am Happy with the Quality and Grip Levels BUT I'm in need of 2 New Tyres and I've got my Cambelt getting done and buying Matched Inlets so Funds are Tight,

I've had these Kumho KU31's on my car before and was Pretty Impressed and know of a few other cars running them and most rate them,

Does anyone know of any better tyres of around the same price or a cheaper place I can get these tyres from?

http://ssl.delti.com/cgi-bin/rshop...._pro_Seite=10&Transport=P&F_F=&dsco=110&Achse=

Thanks
Andy.

Slooooow Ass 1.2
Id just pop down to the local tyre place and give them your measurements and they should give you a choice there and then, thats what i always do.

Goodyears are quite good though from experience.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
I've had Toyo's in the past and found they did not last long and that was on my 1.2 Corsa so think I would destroy them in no time on the Clio especially as I do 60+ Miles a day on the Clio

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Id just pop down to the local tyre place and give them your measurements and they should give you a choice there and then, thats what i always do.

Goodyears are quite good though from experience.

Hell No... I've done that before and for one I ended up with some Yoko's that I was not impressed with at all and did not get a good price either,

Research FTW

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
I've had Toyo's in the past and found they did not last long and that was on my 1.2 Corsa so think I would destroy them in no time on the Clio especially as I do 60+ Miles a day on the Clio
Pm Fred, IIRC they use them where he works (Ferrari's, Lambo's etc) on cars that are used all day on track. I imagine they must hold up pretty well.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
I thought about going to 195's to help the Budget but I think I'll keep with 205's for the Best Grip I can plus less chance of kerbing my wheels with 205's :)

Worth having a look at http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=384617

Although the discussions centred around 16" tyres, there's a lot of sites linked that may be worth looking at, and plenty of useful opinions on different tyres.

As for buying Toyo's, it's worth exhausting all other avenues of investigation and being sure you can't buy a better tyre before you buy them!