ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Middle of the range mobile

MK1 Mexico, Clio 172
I have no need for my mobile to be the latest and greatest Apple Galaxy S12, I just want to call people, text, use the sat nav, FB, LinkedIn, Strava etc. Whats a good Android phone with decent battery life that isn't going to cost me £35 a month.

Thanks!

MK1 Mexico, Clio 172
Cheers banther, currently on out of contract pay monthly sim with tesco so that works well!

banther

ClioSport Club Member
Read some reviews on it before buying. I was in pretty much the same situation as you.

They're pretty unanimous in the fact that yes, its cheap, but doesnt feel cheap. Certainly not in the way it operates, I highly rate mine.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Depends if he wants it on a regular contract, judging by the wording of the OP he does.

I've seen some more than reasonable Nexus 5 pay monthly deals.

MK1 Mexico, Clio 172
Depends if he wants it on a regular contract, judging by the wording of the OP he does.

I've seen some more than reasonable Nexus 5 pay monthly deals.

I was just going to change to a Tesco Mobile pay monthly deal

Clio 172
Presuming you already have a phone that does the above... could you not just switch to a sim only deal?

My house mate has just done that with her iPhone 4s and Im planning on doing it with my 5 in September when I can get an "upgrade!" would rather pay £15 a month with no contract than fork out another £41 a month for the next 2 years on the next iPhone. :/ just an idea.

MK1 Mexico, Clio 172
Presuming you already have a phone that does the above... could you not just switch to a sim only deal?

My house mate has just done that with her iPhone 4s and Im planning on doing it with my 5 in September when I can get an "upgrade!" would rather pay £15 a month with no contract than fork out another £41 a month for the next 2 years on the next iPhone. :/ just an idea.

I've got a Samsung S2 that tends to run out of battery every time I actually need to use it. If I plug it in over night it's run out of battery by 3pm with everything I can turned off. I suppose I could get a battery off ebay for 5.99 delivered, however fancied a change (under pressure from the missus whinging about my s**t phone)

Last edited:

banther

ClioSport Club Member
My Moto G was £15 p/month w/ 700 mins, ultd. Texts, 1 GB of Data. Bolted on another GB of data for £2 a month.

That was with a bit of negotiation and also the fact that I've been with them pretty much since inception!

I can only imagine its cheaper now.

Clio 172
I've got a Samsung S2 that tends to run out of battery every time I actually need to use it. If I plug it in over night it's run out of battery by 3pm with everything I can turned off. I suppose I could get a battery off ebay for 5.99 delivered, however fancied a change (under pressure from the missus whinging about my s**t phone)

Understood! My other half has an S2 and that's on its last legs as well. She was looking at a sim only contract but needs a new phone so is getting the new S5 on the same deal she is on so she hasn't lost anything but also she hasn't saved anything either.

Have you looked at the LG G2 Mini?! LG have just released the G3 and the G2 mini is its cheaper little brother. Runs the same Operating system (KitKat) and has a quad-cour processor. They are under £200 for the handset I think and would be worth considering. :)

Just got a Motorola G for someone at work to replace their S3 mini. They said it's better and is a good price.

MK1 Mexico, Clio 172
My Moto G was £15 p/month w/ 700 mins, ultd. Texts, 1 GB of Data. Bolted on another GB of data for £2 a month.

That was with a bit of negotiation and also the fact that I've been with them pretty much since inception!

I can only imagine its cheaper now.

I'm leaning towards the Moto G 4G for £13.50 p/month and then paying to upgrade the data from 500mb, i'll speak to Tesco tonight to se how much the bolt ons are

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
My nexus 4 is on 70% after 10 hours. Wifi at work helps enormously but it's great for me tbh.

Check out battery chargers on amazon.. I got a 13,000mah one for about £20 which will charge it 4+ times.

You can get silly power ones if you want to spend more. Think there was a thread this weekend about them actually...

You can probs get one for £100-150 on eBay.. Maybe even new that won't be too much.. If you can find one anywhere..

MK1 Mexico, Clio 172
Cheers guys, I went for Moto G 4G 750mins, 5000 texts and 2G data for £16 a month. If I want to upgrade I have to pay £54 to buy the handset off tesco.

ST
Unconfirmed as yet but there are certainly rumblings!

OP what did you go for in the end?

Been due an upgrade since Sept last year (iPhone 5 was a year old).. Sick of waiting on the '6' coming.. Considering the Xperia Z2, thoughts ?