ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Midlife makeover suggestions!

172 Exclusive No.171
Hi guys,

I've got a Ph1 Exclusive with 53000 on the clock and have about 500 notes to spend on it. I just wanted some advice on a few things...

1. The suspension is starting to feel tired (crap roads) and i'm thinking of replacing the original shocks with maybe some uprated springs, is this a good idea, is there any other bits i should do whilst i'm at it?

2. Its had the cambealt done and a service 12 months ago with an oil change 6 months ago but i think i'm going to do plugs and filters, any suggestions?

3.The front has ferrodo pads but am going to replace the rears with some ferrodos and change the fluid as i don't think its ever been done.

4. When pulling away in first if i go for it then i get some nasty knocking noises, my mate reckoned it could be engine or gearbox mounts but i have no idea, i've read about the strut issues so maybe its that? This is top priority to get sorted as it does my head in!

5.Is it worth doing any engine/exhaust mods? I'm not too fussed about it but am curious, would i have any cash left over?

It has new tyres and i will get all the tracking and allingnment checked when its all done. I just want it too feel fresher, tighter and a bit more exciting again! And no i'm not on about my mrs!
icon12.gif

Last edited:
  Evo 8 MR
1. If you want to give it a fresh, tighter feel then you'll probably need to get springs and shocks + a full set of uprated bushes will go a long way.

2. Standard plugs/filters/oil will do fine.

3. Go for it.

4. It's the upper engine mount iirc you have to loosen the bolts and pull the engine forward then re-tighten them.

5. If you can afford it yes get the usual breather mods ie. induction kit and cat back zorst to begin with.

172 Exclusive No.171
Cheers for that mate, any suggestions on where i could get the new springs and shocks from? Also the bushes?

I'm going to do that, get the engine pulled forwards and sort the brakes and see what i have left!