ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

might have killed my engine on the 'Ring today, but not sure...

172 ph1
Last lap of the day.

Half way around the lap, sudden loss of power. Could not make it up Kesselchen any faster than 50km/h in 2nd. Hesitant to rev when I push the clutch in and try to rev it.
Engine sounds quite different too at this point.

Back in the carpark the engine sounds fine again after a restart. Low on fuel so I went and fueled up. An acceleration test reveals that the car doesn't pull as strongly as it should. Missing the kick after 5000rpm, but it doesn't sound sick either.

Some time later the loss of power returns. I have dinner, then drive back to hotel. Engine sounds and feels ok while driving normally, but I didn't bother testing the acceleration as the 2 passengers have been throwing up all day. (Can't seem to handle riding in my car)

Will go to the Renault garage in Adenau tomorrow but does it sound like the timing belt jumped a tooth (or a few teeth?), or might it just be a bad spark plug? Or something else completely?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Coilpack? Knackered spark plug? HT leads arcing out?

Could be 100 things.

Nimbus Megane R26
hah.. its ace when what you think is a big expensive problem is just something simple isnt it :)

Now get back on the ring and enjoy!! :)