ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Might order a CUP

Thinking of getting a CUP but want one with Climate and that MP3 Head Unit. Wheres the cheapest place I could get one from?

Dealer quoted £12k for a standard one.

Nissan R35 GT-R

I have the Sony MP70 in mine - it is not an MP3 player in the true sense of the word - but it plays CDs full of MP3s.

Fitted the module to retain steering remote and dash display too - works a treat.

Nissan R35 GT-R

Fitted it myself.

It invalidates the warranty on sound system components I think. So if a speaker blew - you would have to pay for it. But if the engine blew it is totally unrelated.

Check our ICE section in this forum for adapter details and how to remove the dash (if you needed to fit new tweeters etc).

Just shout if you need any more info.

VaVa

Quote: Originally posted by D-CUP on 07 September 2003

Thinking of getting a CUP but want one with Climate and that MP3 Head Unit. Wheres the cheapest place I could get one from?

Dealer quoted £12k for a standard one.
New-car-discount.com - £11400 for standard cup i think.....

Yeah, still be £12600 with the aircon. Incidentally, what is air recirculation that I see listed on some specs?

Loads of Clios have that air recirculation its supposed to be for use in heavy trafffic it means that the air used in the cabin is recirculated all the time ie new fresh air.

Its just another button and something Renault can put on there standard options list I have never used it.

EDD

In my mums clio 1.4 there is a button marked AC which provides reasonably cold air. Is that something different? With Climate I take it you can set the temperature you want?

VaVa

Quote: Originally posted by D-CUP on 07 September 2003

Yeah, still be £12600 with the aircon. Incidentally, what is air recirculation that I see listed on some specs?
Crikey... Is it £1200 for climate on a cup then? They sell new 172s for £12500!!

I dont think dccook have Cups with climate. I definitely want climate.

new-car-discount is £12k dead for a cup with CC. Does anyone know if they pre-register?

Golf GTI MKV

Quote: Originally posted by D-CUP on 08 September 2003

I dont think dccook have Cups with climate. I definitely want climate.
they do ...
i just searched "renault > clio > petrol" ... and it came up with

Renault Clio 172 Cup 2.0 16v Climate - Pre Registered - UK - £11595

bargin :)

Infact DC Cook want to charge £300 extra for metallic paint aswell!

Their total price inc. tax and delivery (by driver) is £12270. So New-car-discount are still the cheapest so far.

Clio 197

The recirculation button actualy cuts off the fresh air intake and recirculates the air you already have in the car through the A/C. I always use this feature in long tunnels or sometime at lights when stuck near a lorrys exhaust. Most of them have timers that switch back to frresh air intake if you forget to switch back yourself.

Two local dealers offered me a Cup for £11,500. In the end I ordered one with CC for £12K. Theres no reason why any Renault dealer in the UK shouldnt be able to offer exactly the same deal. Go talk to them, its a buyers market. (

A dealer that I know on a fairly personal basis wanted £11979 for standard one. I might call a couple tomorrow and see if theyll price match.