ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mileage question

Black Ph1 172
Hi all, I'm currently looking for a 172, I have owned several previously but I was wondering if someone could help me with the bad points on high mileage models.

I have found one around 70k, pristine condition with a full RSH. Can anyone tell me if there's any major things that go wrong after a certain amount of miles i.e. bottom end etc?

I haven't got a big budget but will be using the car for every day use along with trackdays and a trip to the ring once a year, will I be causing myself a small nightmare getting a higher mileage version or do they stay solid?

Many thanks

Joe

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Engines will do 100k+ no problem, it's the rest of the car, just check for cambelt and aux belt.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Oh and as the renault service says one every 2 years or 12k i'd check it's been done atleast once a year.

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
as long as theres a good service history then the mileage shouldnt be of a great concern.

belts are important so worth getting that checked