ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

mileage

Ive had my car just over 14 weeks and ive already covered 4400 miles in it, which works out at around 1250 miles a month. Is this a lot or about average?

Lee

BMW M2C

Ive had mine since March 5th and Im currently bang on 4000 miles.

Doesnt sound too bad to me, Id guess thats around average.

GR7

Shiny red R32

Billabong

If this is anything to go by, you have done 300 more miles than me and I bought my car in Jan 2002 which was 17 months ago!! So you have really done an excessive amount of mileage in a very short time!!

;)

dont worry, i did 800 miles in a day 2 months ago.....

miles are fun....that aim is to get the largest number before you crash!

GR7

Shiny red R32

Quote: Originally posted by billabong on 11 June 2003

How do you lot keep your mileage down, do u not drive?
Two cars to drive! You can only drive one at a time!!

Bought my Y reg mk2 in 2001 and now its on 36000..

If just gone out and bought a little festa to travel to work in

I have had mine since Novemeber and have 19,000 on it. I think that is about 2500 a month, but I was in Denmark for 8/10 weeks of that :-(

/y0z

Ive had my car for almost exactly a year, ive done just under 14,000 miles.

I did about a 1,000 miles on it the first weekend i got it!

-Rob

Hehehe Yeah Rod, I did, solihull->north coast of scotland and back again, and what a laff it was :D

But the thing that got me was having to complete my journey into Sutherland (county?) on a single track road - for 60 odd miles ! :eek:

But anyway, back to the subject, Im now on about 19,500 in 11 months, about average for me.

I did 25,000 miles of recreational driving in one year in my old Mk1 1.2! Have settled down with 10-14,000 miles a year, using my car only occasionally, but for long journeys.

Ad

MK2 FRS

Ive done 6k in 10 weeks. MY Girlfriends car has been off the road for 8 weeks so mines done a lot of mileage. Had 5.5k, now has 11.5k on it, just over twelve months old so not too worried.

Ive had my car just over 14 weeks and ive already covered 4400 miles in it, which works out at around 1250 miles a month. Is this a lot or about average?
Had mine for 6 months and Ive only done 4000miles!!! (already had 7k when I bought it)

My hubbys done 33000miles in his car since Sept 01

Whats the average delivery miles, for those who bought new???

My sister picks up her brand new vtr on Saturday, she went to look at it today and was disapointed coz it has 5miles on the clock!!

She ordered it just over a week ago and it has arrived bang on time, good service or what???? :D

Lee

BMW M2C

My Clio had 6 miles on it, and my previous car which was delivered to my office on a trailer had 16. I think Ford always try and keep the delivery mileage bellow 20 according the guy who delivered it.

So your sis sold the 106 okay?

Lee

BMW M2C

I test drove a 106 GTi when they were launched, but my feet were too wide to drive it comfortably. The sales guy suggested I get some nice slim shoes instead of trainers!!! :D

Quote: Originally posted by Rod Street on 12 June 2003

I test drove a 106 GTi when they were launched, but my feet were too wide to drive it comfortably. The sales guy suggested I get some nice slim shoes instead of trainers!!! :D
LOL!!! yep they are for small feet only!!! ;)

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Ye I also had a look at the 106GTi but the pedals were way to close together..

Clio v6

Quote: Originally posted by GirlRacer on 12 June 2003

How do you lot keep your mileage down, do u not drive?
Two cars to drive! You can only drive one at a time!!
Oh dear that makes me a very bad boy then. I have 3 cars to drive but I just cant keep out of the v6. 17k miles now ( 13 months )

Regrets?

Yes.

I have murdered billions of poor innocent flies.

Bumder With A Buffer

brought car 4th jan 2003 had done 91000 (ish)

to date it has just gne past 98500!

7000+ miles in 5 months!

To be honest I just cant stop myself driving the thing!!!!!

Find myself driving back from work and just driving in any direction for literally hours! The girlfriend hates it. Sometimes I take her out, but I know that if Im up against someone Ill be heavier with her in it, so I leave her at home most of the time (even though shes only about 50kgs)!!!!

In short -ive only had the car 2 1/2 months, but have driven 9k kms in that time - about 1600 miles per month.

The car is there to be driven!!!!

Cheers guys I dont feel so worried about how much I drive it, I was just a bit worried cause my parents 15month old Corsa has only done 6k!, ive nearly caught them up!!! I might buy a sh*t box to drive to and from work tho to save my car, im gonna start modifying it a bit soon so I wanna keep it nice. I have managed to cut my mileage down a bit tho, last year I did 12k in six months in a 1.1i Saxo, needless to say I had a lot of problems with it (headgasket at 50k). Since ive finished uni I find im driving less and with me starting my new job in July hopefully my mileage will drop a lot, but a lot of you are right, I love driving and I cant stop driving my car!!