ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

miles to the gallon 1.2 16vs

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

I had a 1.2 as a courtesy car while mine was into renault, got about 45mpg. Not too bad at all, normally i get ~30+mpg for the 172.

Quote: Originally posted by edde on 13 November 2003

60mpg oput of a 1.2 petrol somethings not right either

1 Your driving a completely stripped out car

2 Your calculations are out

3 Renault havnt done a very good job on there new 1.5dci diesels

4 You drive very very slow

I managed to get almost 80mpg out of my car once on a long journey to work crawling along in 5th. My adverage is only 55mpg so how come a petrol is almost as economical?

EDD
lol, its the renos rating not mine! cost me under a tenner a week and went for miles. the saxo 1.1 is also rated at 60mpg. My old one was a mark 1 phase 2 97P RL Versailies and had a better sunroof than any of the later models!

I get a very poor mileage out of my 1.2 16v, a full tank of petrol (ie. filled up after 45 miles of driving with the warning light on!!!) gets me 180 miles. Must be about 20mpg tops. Admittedly I do change gear at 5.5K RPM most of th etime when Im driving!!!

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

Quote: Originally posted by bambam on 19 November 2003

no, you never seen me drive jay

and when my mum borrowed it for a week, it averaged over 50mpg
very heavy right foot then.ah well you have to have fun dont you.do other things in your car instead of driving to save petrol:devilish:

Quote: Originally posted by jaffa on 18 November 2003

ive been getting about 46/47 mpg in my 1.2 16v, done lots of journeys to lincolnshire this week, even driving between 85 & 1** most of the way i still got 42.5 mpg
Impossible..... i drive a 12. 16v 03 reg n i drove 240 miles at the sort of speed your talking about all the way and the best i could get was 22.4mpg so theres no way u got 42.5 in my opinion

silverclio - your ecu is buggered then

when travelling between 80 and 100 you will get around 40mpg from the 1.2 16v engine, i averaged 26mpg at an average speed of 102mph coming home from york (approx 200 miles) in mid july

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

38mpg at 100mph....Risking it a bit arnt we!! as soon as i go above 80mph i get about 36mpg!!

i done 240 miles in around 2 hrs foot to floor all the way and got reading of 22.4.... used to travel around 200 miles from blackpool to motherwell quite a lot and was getting around 33mpg if i took it easy for most of it n only booted it now and again

Quote: Originally posted by SilverClio on 21 November 2003
i done 240 miles in around 2 hrs foot to floor all the way and got reading of 22.4....
so you[re saying yuo average 120mph or therabout, where we all know this is not possible

speedo may indicate these speed, but are more likely to be around 105-110mph

Mazda MX5 1.8

Ive been getting around 40mpg (combined) but ive only had my car a day and its a 1.6 16v! pretty pleased with it i tell ya!!

How do you get Renault to give you the updated injection software? I have seen these posts before with Tom et al claiming 350 - 400 miles per tank yet I never manage to get above about 320 miles per tank. Driving has changed since moving to Devon, a lot more harsh long hills on the way to and from work but the economy never gets above more than about 35mpg per tank. Will Renault do software upgrade for free?

Thanks peeps

Quote: Originally posted by cliopower on 13 November 2003

1.2 16v does about 50mpg. My dynamique used to eat petrol like it was bloody water at something like 19mpg but i had the latest injection software loaded onto the engine management system and performs about 35-40
so if i took my car to reno and told them im getting rediculous fuel consumtion, they can put new software on to make it better without losing performance?

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Quote: Originally posted by noel-pilot on 22 November 2003

How do you get Renault to give you the updated injection software? I have seen these posts before with Tom et al claiming 350 - 400 miles per tank yet I never manage to get above about 320 miles per tank. Driving has changed since moving to Devon, a lot more harsh long hills on the way to and from work but the economy never gets above more than about 35mpg per tank. Will Renault do software upgrade for free?

Thanks peeps

i used to get 350-400 now i get 340 max

it depends on driving constant 70mph seems optimal