ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Miltek (I think thats how its spelt) Exhaust Problem

Clio 182
I changed the two rear exhaust mounts on the 182 and I have a Miltek? exhaust, its now banging and all sorts under the car, is there a Uprated or better rear exhaust mount?

Cheers in advance, Dan.

Clio 182
The previous owner and bodged up some exhaust mounts and they had worn out So i replaced them with one from my local parts dealer and now it bangs and all sorts, like the metal against the chassis, only when im driving...? If that makes sense

Fiesta ST2 MP215
Can you get a picture of the exhaust mount? most likely the rubber has gone and the bracket is knocking into the surruond on the hanger, either that or the hanger isn't on properly but you'd seen that a mile off as the whole thing would be pissed.

Powerflex exh008 iirc. Fit one of those bushes in to the original mount will do the job. But it will make your boot floor rattle.

Gsf do a decent mount and cheaper than genuine.

I thought my Milltek was vibrating on another level against something. Turned out to be the air vents flapping like mad in the rear bumper.

My Milltek site perfectly now. I bought some second hand hangers and fitted some Powerflex bushes. Really pleased with it now.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
My rear mounts have no rubber just metal jubilee clips holding the rear exhaust up, think how I feel lol.

Be glad when it has new ones on in the next couple weeks though.

Clio 197
As above , get a picture up. I bet its banging on the metal base of the exhaust mounts itself. The standard mounts arent known to be pretty strong!

Clio 182
Yeah it was one of those Powerflex mounts, bright red I think. but that fell out. So what do I need to do?

I can get you some but wont be until the weekend I'm afraid.

There are some pics on the forum already which others have posted. I know because it's what gave me the idea.