ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Miltek with Decat Droney

fad

Clio 182 FF
have had my Miltek on for 3 days and its already driving me nuts! Its got the stright through decat and its quite loud and really droney on the motorway. Is this normal of a miltek with a decat. Car drives so much better with the decat but considering putting the cat back on at the expense of performance :(

Has anyone else had this?

Golf GTD Mk7
it will be load mate. especially with a straight through. could get a silenced decat to get the best of both worlds

fad

Clio 182 FF
Yes deffo considering this lol! Do miltek actually make a silenced decat?

the thought of driving this to the Nurburg ring is painfull lol!

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Grow a pair? ;)

Mine's de-catted and i'm not even running the centre silencer. It's straight though to the rear boxes.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
I think my car droned worse with the Cat in but that may be just me :eek:

Golf GTD Mk7
not sure if miltec to mate. i know ktec do, but you might have to do some welding as i'm sure their decat is ktec exhaust specific (at the centre to decat join that is)

fad

Clio 182 FF
Grow a pair? ;)

Mine's de-catted and i'm not even running the centre silencer. It's straight though to the rear boxes.

haha the problem is i do from 700-1k miles a week and when sitting on the motorway that really can play havoc with your sanity!

Will look into the slienced decat option

182 Trophy (#27/500)
It shouldn't be that loud. Might be badly fitted? I have a milltek on mine, and decat, and unsilenced centre section and i drove that to the ring 4 weeks ago. Yeh its loud but worth every minute of it for those German tunnels!!!!!!

fad

Clio 182 FF
Bought a new manfiold bolt and gasket kit and there are no leaks as far as I can see just louder than I anticipated it woud be!

As someone said I just need to man up a bit!

fad

Clio 182 FF
Up to 1k a week mostly less,I'm a surveyor and I enjoy driving it but I also have use of two other cars in the house hold but the Clio gets the brunt of it! Even goes out on track too ;)

Managed to do the 24k, 36k and 48k services all within one year :( Got the dreded belts comming up in July :(

None
Hey guys, does anyone know exactly when the belts should be done?, i've heard different mileages from different people, i've had my clio a week and it's got 34,500 on the clock, as far as i'm aware it's not had anything done so far.

Golf GTD Mk7
Hey guys, does anyone know exactly when the belts should be done?, i've heard different mileages from different people, i've had my clio a week and it's got 34,500 on the clock, as far as i'm aware it's not had anything done so far.

Wierd to add this to an exhaust thread :S

Have a look in the search mate. There is a section for service intervals.

5 years or 36k for Auxbelt
5 years of 72K for cambelt (aux belt done at same time usually)

b/g 182, meg tourer
i had a decat on my miltek, it was a bit of a pain in the ass with the droning sound. i prefer to drive my car with the cat in place.

silenced decat as mentioned could be a solution.

None
Wierd to add this to an exhaust thread :S

Have a look in the search mate. There is a section for service intervals.

5 years or 36k for Auxbelt
5 years of 72K for cambelt (aux belt done at same time usually)

Yeah sorry about that, it was what FAD said about the dreaded belts had got me thinking so i thought i would just ask, should have quoted him really, thanks for the info though, i guess that means me having mine done this year then.