ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mini dilemma

Z4 Coupe
I'm in a bit of a dilemma. Basically, some people may know that I bought my first house and have been renovating. The house is nearly ready now and the girlfriend and I shall be moving in soon enough. She has been on my insurance for a little while now driving the RB but not building her own NCB thus making my insurance sky high. Paying her own way of course. I could really do without the expence of the insurance premium at the end of this month, especially when I will not be needing the car anytime soon as I have a company van for work. One of the problems being that the renaultsport market at the moment is dire and secondly, I knida don't want to part with my RB.

Here are my options, that I can think of anyway..

1. Sell the clio, buy a run a bout and go a named driver on her policy driving a fcuking KA!

2. Store the clio somewhere and try to avoid selling her for a silly cheap price and as above, go on her policy as a named driver.

3. Struggle and re-insure the clio but this doesnt actually solve the problem of her getting on her own policy.

What would CS do? We are trying to avoid living in a two car household when we move in, obviously to save money. Any other options you can think of?

H

HickiN

Oh and with my ex..... i was insured with Admiral and she actually made my insurance go down... as did adding my mother.... try that kind of thing!

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member
think you would really regret selling the clio, but its one of them catch 22 situations....if it was me id prob think more about saving the money now and concentrate on your own place, sell any parts you have, put the rb back to standard and sell it, rb are popular when selling it seems. or its pay up the insurance. dpends what rules more your head or your heart :eek:

Iceberg 172 Cup
I'm in a bit of a dilemma. Basically, some people may know that I bought my first house and have been renovating. The house is nearly ready now and the girlfriend and I shall be moving in soon enough. She has been on my insurance for a little while now driving the RB but not building her own NCB thus making my insurance sky high. Paying her own way of course. I could really do without the expence of the insurance premium at the end of this month, especially when I will not be needing the car anytime soon as I have a company van for work. One of the problems being that the renaultsport market at the moment is dire and secondly, I knida don't want to part with my RB.

Here are my options, that I can think of anyway..

1. Sell the clio, buy a run a bout and go a named driver on her policy driving a fcuking KA!

2. Store the clio somewhere and try to avoid selling her for a silly cheap price and as above, go on her policy as a named driver.

3. Struggle and re-insure the clio but this doesnt actually solve the problem of her getting on her own policy.

What would CS do? We are trying to avoid living in a two car household when we move in, obviously to save money. Any other options you can think of?

that doesnt quite make sense it's only going to depreciate further and rapidly.

PB 182 (1 of 29)
No, seriously, sell the RB, do the KA thing for a year or two (prob not that rubbish to drive) and then buy a Clio again when insurance sensible!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Sell it mate. Its not going to go up in value is it so the longer you leave it, the bigger the hit will be. From what I remember it looks pretty mint so you'll have no bother getting strong money for it.

Buy a clio1.2/ford ka/corsa 1.2 and both share that and plough your money into the house. Once you're in the house and settled, look at getting a new car.

Z4 Coupe
Sell it mate. Its not going to go up in value is it so the longer you leave it, the bigger the hit will be. From what I remember it looks pretty mint so you'll have no bother getting strong money for it.

Buy a clio1.2/ford ka/corsa 1.2 and both share that and plough your money into the house. Once you're in the house and settled, look at getting a new car.

You speak the truth :(

H

HickiN

house is a bit more important than a car imho... i'd much rather be in your situation....

damn the first time buying in aberdeen...

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
You speak the truth :(

Of course I do, i'm old and wise... ;)

I had to sell my 172 when I bought the house. I tried my hardest to keep it but we needed the money for our builders £18,000 bill!! lol.

We ran around in a M reg 318 BMW for a few months while we sorted ourselves out and once we were sorted, I treated myself to an Evo. :D

There's millions of cars out there mate, don't worry about it.