ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Minolta DiMage A1 Black Screen?

Black Gold Cup Packed 182
Ive just got hold of a Minolta Dimage A1, when i turn it on all i see is a black/fuzzy image on the lcd and the viewfinder, all options and menus show okay.
Ive dug around a bit on the net and it seems that it has a dodgy CCD which is a common fault known by Sony and they were replacing them free of charge a couple of years back.
Question is, is there anything i can do to it or anything to get it working again, cheers :)

Cupra
My old sony camera did the same thing. I took it back nearly two years after it died and sony still repaired it free of charge. Try them, they might do it for you, otherwise just use it as an excuse to upgrade to something newer.

I dont think that there is anything that you will be able to do to fix it yourself TBH.

Black Gold Cup Packed 182
Sent it off to sonys appointed repairer today, JP Service Solutions in newcastle. They said if it is a faulty CCD they will repair it free of charge, looking at 3-5 weeks to get it back though. Fingers crossed. :)