ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Minor Dent Removal

Some ass clown has opened their door rather briskly into my drivers door. The paint is undamaged, but its left a sizable dent in the door. Its one of those dents that looks like it would pop back out.

Whats the easiest way to get this fixed, and what sort of costs am I looking at.

Thanking you

Some bugger put a small dent in my rear 3/4 panel last week, I have phoned up a local mobile dent repair guy. He has said that as long as the paint is undamaged and the dent hasnt got a crease they pop out fairly easily. I think they use a heat lamp to warm up the panel first and then gently pull on the dent with some form of magnetic or vacuum thing.

He said it will cost about £40 to fix if it is a simple job.

That’s not too bad. I am going to check with work security tomorrow to see if it was caught on camera. It may seem petty and trivial to some but I dont see why I should have to pay for other people’s inability to open doors like a normal civilized human being.

C

Cupster

I always take up two spaces in busy car parks, sorry but I dont want none of them dents I would get way to p1ssed off and have to break a leg or two maybe depending on the dent severity!!!!:devilish:

Astra VXR 17/05/07

By some strange twist of fate i always manage to knock other peoples wing mirrors as i walk back to my car when they park too close.Knocking the mirror back in wont cause damage which i hate myself but it might make them think about shoehorning in their car next time when they see their mirror popped out of place. :devilish:

dentmaster uk will sort it. Have used them myself.

Cost depends on location and level of difficulty to remove.

They dont use heat. They push out low spots andtap in highs - its really an art form!!

Be warned they are never invisible, but they look a million times better!

Punto/Clio GTT

ive started to do dent removal at work, im hopin theyll send me on the course for the certificates :)... its not exactly how hard the dent is to get out. its how hard it is to get at the dent!. ina door its piece of piss, ina rear quarter its slightly more difficult if you cant get it through the rear light hole.

i use long rods, different lenghts, angles & curves, and a sheet which sticks to the panel with a sucker.. which has lots of straight lines on. if i look on the paintwork where im gettin the dent out, i can see exactly where its low n where its high with the lines. very hard to do, but much easy i suppose with experience

FM

So how much should it be normally to remove all the small dents from the seem in the door and rear quarter?

My mate was charged 20 a panel!

Danny

Black Clio 172

i had a similar job done however many dents will not just pop out. mine needed a major three day job and cost 250 quid for one dent and two scuffs

Some dumb ass has put a cracker of a dent in my panel just behind the drivers door. The paint is not broken, but it does look quite bad. I will post some pics when i get home. I have been quoted roughly £200 to get it repaired but was wondering if you think i could get it fixed for less elsewhere ??

Thanks

Punto/Clio GTT

£250 for 1 dent and 2 scuffs?.. damn

if the dents on one of your door lines or quarter lines its a right f*ckslut to get it out. get those pics up flash!

FM

Got it done today. £50 by Dent Solutions.

He said it was a difficult one as it was so close to the normal crease for the door handle. Turned out very well though cant even see it anymore. He told me that there is a problem with clios in that they have a vertical strengthening bar welded to the inside of the door and if the dent is close to that it takes a lot longer to sort.