ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mintex extreme!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
FCUK OFF!!!!!! My car actually sounds like a bus now! To avoid the squealing i have to jump on the brakes hard! Not even that good! Ferrodo next i think!

I need new discs and pads I think if they can't be skimmed anyways for my 1.8 16 1996 clio anyone got any prefernce to a good make?

Lionel Richie
The Mintex Extreme are the "fast road pads" they're ok, but Ali's right the squeal SO LOUD! 100times worse than DS2500's

Maz

LY 200
Yeah they are the ones 1155's that Steve said Karen had .. I need new pads soon .. wonder what these are like ..

Megane R26
Got the 1144's. And yes I sound like a BUS too. It got a little bit better after beding in, but jeeezzz they Squeal. Cooper crease cures it for about 1/2 mile :(

182 cup + Evo 8 MR320
Mate, even my evo brakes squeel like a pig.. they are Ap racing 6 pots. Is so enoying when your in traffic lol! BUT even porche GT3 brakes do, so thats ok then lol!!

Think its cos of the 'fast road compound'

H22A7 Accord Type R
ive got mintex discs and pads on the Accord.......they do squeel a wee bit when warm, but, they also work like fcuk and i aint faded them yet! so.... considerin i can get a set of discs AND pads for £90 on ebay (wish it was the case for when i got mine - £160)...i wouldnt say thats too shabby for 300mm discs

Audi TT 225
I put these on last month, tarox sport jap's and fast road pads. They dont squeal and give a nice pedal feel. When I first fitted them they seemed really sweet and stopped the car dead but now they've worn in they dont seem go great... or Im just used to em and driving faster lol....?

tarox2.gif

Audi TT 225
Not yet I was gonna do a full fluid change soon and change them at the same time.
Im still waiting for tarox to get off they're backsides and make my rear discs. My bearings stuffed and MOT is looming so lines are a wee bit down my list atm

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
I went through a set of those Tarox pads in 1 trackday and 1,500 road miles...s**te in my opinion.

I'll give these Mintex Extreme's a miss if a trackday can kill them like Fred says.

Audi TT 225
I dont track my car (yet) and the tarox's perform better than the standards imo. I do lots of "fast road" driving.

I went for the FR pads because all the others stated they were noisy at low speeds. Complete opposite of the muntex ones so as a resonably priced "quiet" alternative they aren't bad.
I only wanted a litte more stopping power, the discs also look decent without paying mental money for big break kits.

Megane Trophy
Ive got the 1155 racing pads ready to go on soon,

need to sort some discs and lines very soon - FRED sort me a good price!

We used the mintex on some of the caterhams as a cheap alternative, they werent bad actually, the pagid blues are the daddies though!