ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mirror for engine bay

R35 GTR
I want to remove the soundproofing under bonnet and put mirrors in the recess. The stuff on a roll is s**t, the finish is bubbly and not very smooth.

What do you guys recommend apart from a real mirror?

ST
Is there any body shops round your way who do custom work for the Max Power lot?

If so they should be able to sort you out or point you in the right direction mate?

Skoda Fabia vRS
a place near me cuts mirror glass to size, they are called AT Free and based in St Helens, they could do it for you

R35 GTR
BRUN said:
a place near me cuts mirror glass to size, they are called AT Free and based in St Helens, they could do it for you

but is this actual glass? I am worried about extra weight and how durable it is.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Dave3141 said:
I want to remove the soundproofing under bonnet and put mirrors in the recess. The stuff on a roll is sh*t, the finish is bubbly and not very smooth.

What do you guys recommend apart from a real mirror?

I wouldn't go down the glass mirror route . You'd be better off with using acrylic mirrors .Its not cheap though .

http://www.diyplastics.com/plasticmirrorproducts.htm

Do a search on google for either makrolon , polycarbonate sheet or acrylic sheet .

We used to make it years ago .It is hell of aot lighter than glass , just take care when cleaning , don't use anything abrasive .

Last edited:
Wasn't there a car @ FCS with a mirror in the sound deadening area? Is that where you have got the idea from?

R35 GTR
Chris K said:
Wasn't there a car @ FCS with a mirror in the sound deadening area? Is that where you have got the idea from?

Exactly what gave me idea, as the shapes under the bonnet are quite nice and symmetrical, and think it would be cool with silver and mirrors.

Bye Bye 182....
We tried it with the stuff on a roll and it was shat. Ive put my sound deadening back on now and riped it off! :(. Try and find out what that stuff was and we cant get hold of some to fit it one of the weekends!

A well built VW
Get some aliminium cut to size - you could do this yourself with cardboard templates then get them chromed and silkaflex them to the bonnet would be lightweight and durable not sure if its quite the finish your looking for