ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mis-firing Cylinder 3

d6n

Ph2 172
As above, engine management light came, sounded like a Scooby and a lot of blue smoke and stunk of fuel in the car.

The fault has come up on cylinder 3, the garage have swapped the lead from 3 to 4 and the light hasn’t come back on and the car is driving fine.

Any ideas

Car is 02 reg ph2 172.

Golf GTD Mk7
As above, engine management light came, sounded like a Scooby and a lot of blue smoke and stunk of fuel in the car.

The fault has come up on cylinder 3, the garage have swapped the lead from 3 to 4 and the light hasn’t come back on and the car is driving fine.

Any ideas

Car is 02 reg ph2 172.

How does that work? They removed lead from 3 and put it on 4 and it was fine, but what did they put on 3 as this would have flagged an issue. Unless i'm reading that wrong

172 Phase 1 & 172 Ph
I had an intermittant misfire on mine and it turned out to be a dodgy injector...(changed the coil pack and leads prior to the injector)

d6n

Ph2 172
How does that work? They removed lead from 3 and put it on 4 and it was fine, but what did they put on 3 as this would have flagged an issue. Unless i'm reading that wrong

Apologies, I'm totally wrong! He swapped the injector for cylinder 3 with the injector in for cylinder 4 and the problem went away. I just fetched it back and it's fine!

clio 182 cup ff
Yes i want to know more about this. Ive got misfire on cylinder 3 still after fitting new magnecor red leads. New correct plugs and new coil pack. So would it be correct to.assume dodgy injector

d6n

Ph2 172
Nothing has been fixed there TBH, wouuld expect the problem to come back.

You may be right, but the garage did say any more lights / issues then bring it back and the diagnosis will be FOC, suppose they could have fobbed my off with new coil pack, leads or injector. Trial and error i suppose!