ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

mis-firing maybe?

1.4 RT
when i first start the car up(recently been cold), when driving down the street it starts in a fashion chugging, not like propper jerking but like a scooby sort of noise from the exhaust?is it mis-firing?if so does the cold weather have anything to do with it?
cheers

Skoda Fabia VRS
I had a misfire problem last week, It was intermitant at first then after a few days it happend constantly. It sounded like a tractor when siting still and a lot louder when driving.
My problem was caused by the leads to the spark plugs failing, causing the coil to overload. so it stopped one of the spark plugs igniting.
I got this problem fixed, and then the next day my Gear box died!!!
Not sure if this was due to the vibration from the misfire. So I would recomend getting it looked at before doing any long journeys!

Clio 172 ph1
i ve had the miss fire problem got worse and worse after i brought new plugs and leads and coil pack still an issue then the gearbox layshaft bearing collapsed still in the garage at the mo so wondering if that could of been part of the cause the car limping to protect itself:(

check the meatal case around the ecu, at the back of the engine, this sometimes rubs and brakes through the wires causing it to do this, Happens on mine.

mine was missfiring few months ago, changed spark plugs and still didnt fix it. took it to a garage and turned out to be 2 coil springs that needed changing, they sit above each individual spark plug in the lead i think, thats on an 03 1.4 16v engine btw