ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Misfire at low revs

Clio RS172 phase 1
Changed my spark plugs today and placed a set of Magnecor Blue HT Leads but when i'm under 2000 rpm the car shocks an stutters at full throttle. Above 2000 rpm the car runs smooth. What will be the problem? HT Leads? Car is a Ph1 172.

Clio RS172 phase 1
They are already gapped. I will try to get the original leads again tomorrow. I think it is the Magnecors who are faulty......

Clio RS172 phase 1
Could it be lamba sensor? Because lambda did give a fault past 3 months but didn't change. Never had the problem before but maybe the leads an new spark plugs respond to the faulty lambda?

Clio RS172 phase 1
It's running fine now thanks to the original leads...... Magnecor don't like my Clio i think :(

Anyone else had this with magnecor leads ?? I have the same problem and 1 lead was broken, got magnecor leads and it still drives the same. Could it be the leads ?
I believe yours just came faulty or you broke them, it says handmade and test by .... and shows the signature of the person who tested them. I'd contact magnecor to replace them, they aren't cheap and should be very good.

dan's cast offs.
have never had a problem with them myself. the seal on them is great as well, they hold back water no problem.
nowt wrong with the standard renault leads though and to be honest as they are about half the price of magnecor i'd use them instead.

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
have never had a problem with them myself. the seal on them is great as well, they hold back water no problem.
nowt wrong with the standard renault leads though and to be honest as they are about half the price of magnecor i'd use them instead.
What are the euro car parts ht leads like shite or ok?

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
ive put renault new lambda,injectors,cts,ngk plugs etc and car still misses sometimes,the leads were ecp prospark shall i put geuine renault ones on?