ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Misfire + engine light on.

ST TDCI
Help please!

Up until this morning the car has been faultless but when I started it this morning it sounded like it was running on 3. When I tried driving it was very sluggish and a bit jumpy. When I got to 3k the engine management light started flashing. So I stopped and turned the car off - started up again and the light went off but still running crap.

Drove a bit further and again as I hit 3k the light came on and now stays on all the time - managed to get the car home, dumped it and got a lift to work.

Got home tonight and still the same - running crap and the light staying permanently on.

Did the basic check with holding the stalk button and putting the ignition on - it said 51l - 0 and ----- so I guess nothing being shown here.

I did wonder if a bit of damp or something had got in but I let the car get upto temp but made no difference.

Hopefully my mate is going to lend me his cheap ebay fault code reader tomorrow but any initial ideas?

Cheers Dave:cool:

ST TDCI
Ok got the fault code reader and it came up with:-

P0204
Injector circuit open cylinder 4

Knackered injector?

Any help/info appreciated.

Dave.

I had exactly the same problem about a month ago. I drove to work and the car was fine, went back to it after a 9 hour shift and it kept stalling and I had a misfire. The engine was very jumpy and it limped home with the engine management light flashing. Had a look at it the next morning.

Initially I though it could be the spark plugs or injectors so I cleaned them all up. In the end it was the coil pack.

Cost about £32 from Andrew Page.

Hope this helps, Dan

RacingBlue + IceBurg
Mines got same problem at the mo. Exactly the same symtoms, even to the way the EML light behaved. Happened the other day, went through a biggish puddle about 10 minutes before and put it down to that. But think it was just coincidence.

I took one ht lead off at a time to see if it could be them, on the 3rd one the coil pack wasnt emitting a spark when turning the engine over. The car still fired up and ran the same as it did before even with the lead off. So ordered a new coil pack, should be here tomorrow :)

Renault Clio 172
HAD THE SAME THING THIS WEEK AS ^^^^ MUST BE THIS LOVELY BRITISH WEATHER KILLING OUR COIL PACKS :dapprove:

ST TDCI
Ok should be picking up a fuel rail and injectors tomorrow - whats the procedure for changing an injector? never done one before? Am I going to have fuel coming out everywhere?

Also i presume no1 cylinder is cambelt end?

Cheers Dave.

ST TDCI
Quick search and have found out the following:-

1 - De-pressurise fuel system 0 how?
2 - undo two 10mm bolts
3 - lift rail
4 - undo plug and replace injector
5 - refit etc
6 - do I need to prime the fuel system or?

Any help appreciated.

Dave.

A45 AMG 406BHP
are you just replacing one injector?
i didn't de-pressurise my system, just removed injector.- presuming aslong as it hasn't been used in the last couple of hours, it would of done it by it self.

undo 2 10mm
remove clip from injector
pull it out( the injector)- fuel will come out.

check o-ring on injector- make sure ok condition.
push new injector in
clip on.
rail back in inlet manifold
2 10mm nuts tighten.

start up

ST TDCI
Sorted! Picked up a rail and 4 injectors - swopped one over and runs perfect, then used my mates fault code reader and erased the fault code - all good, thanks for the help, much appreciated.

Dave:cool: