ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Misfire help

PH1 iceburg
Only got my ph1 a couple of weeks ago and today it has developed a misfire.

I plugged acode reader but it only says 'misfire' . There was no eml light on the dash (i think the bulb has been taken out!!!!!!).

What are the likely causes and costs?

Car is on 78k miles, new cambelt only a few thousand ago.

172 cup
coil pack, split in leads that was my problem check at night to see if you can see a spark arching of the leads somewhere. think the lambda could also give you issue's.
when you start the car do you get the warning light LIGHT up next to the abs light and does it go out again??

172 cup
No light at all hum... it could be blown bulb or they have put electrical tape over it just a thought.
Not that hard to get to the clocks tbh maybe you can find one with similar milage and swap, not sure how easy it is to replace a bulb.

Hi Mate had similar problem with a 1.4 16v megane . would misfire at idle, no warning lights on dash and car would drive ok above idle. Went through everything in the car and finally took a chance and changed the lambada sensor and it now drives like a new car. Check coils and plugs first though as 02 sensor is not cheap.

The megane had 78k when it gave trouble.

Hope you sort it out!!

PH1 iceburg
Problem sorted. Injector 4 had failed. Took it out and it was filthy. New injector fitted and she is running lovely now :)