ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Misfiring and then not starting

Clio Dci
Hi guys,

Brought a 182 clio yesterday and believe I've brought a shed hopefully not the case! But anyways it started misfiring on the way home, does it at 2,000rpm then more so at 4 and above, feels like it's spluttering more than anything. Apart from that it's been fine, I went petrol station today and whilst waiting the EML light came on, turned the car off and back on whilst waiting and all fine. Filled the tank of fuel, when I came back from paying it wouldn't start, it was turning over but just wouldn't fire! Pushed it out the way and after a couple of minutes it started again and drives exactly the same, since then it's been fine and starts first time! Only think I've noticed when you let the lights go out ignition two before starting the stop and battery light stay on, once started they disappear! Going to get my local garage check it out tomorrow but just wondered if someone could point me in the right direction!!

Thanks and sorry for the essay

BG1@2
Hi AJ,

Having some similar problems like you, possible problem areas - coil pack , leads , plugs , crank sensor !

Cheers
Jon

Clio Dci
I've had my fault code read, my codes point to fuel pump relay, and throttle body! Hopefully sort it soon as it's never fun going into a shop coming out and it not starting