ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MisFiring.....please HELP!!

ClioSport 172
Ok...so...

My car has been missing for a wee while now, but not to bad.

It's taken a turn for the worse now though.

It seems to miss under 2000 revs....and sometimes when pulling up a hill etc.

I've replaced the spark plugs....and the coil pack and it's still missing.

Please, please help me!

I'm stuck....i've no idea.

Many thanks.

Turbo LY R27
Mine does this occasionally, have no idea why! I would also be interested to no it anyone can shed done light on it.

Clio 182
Ok...so...

My car has been missing for a wee while now, but not to bad.

It's taken a turn for the worse now though.

It seems to miss under 2000 revs....and sometimes when pulling up a hill etc.

I've replaced the spark plugs....and the coil pack and it's still missing.

Please, please help me!

I'm stuck....i've no idea.

Many thanks.

I had the same problem, initially I thought is was the Lambda sensor, got that changed but still misfiring and got so bad it wouldn't even drive.

Today I replaced the coil pack, HT leads and spark plugs and drives better now than it has ever driven.

Replaced everything above for about £100 (excluding Lambda which cost £68)

Hope this helps.

ClioSport 172
Since it has started misfiring the engine light came on once but i turned the ignition on and off and it hasn't come on since. would plugging it into a diagnostic machine help?! I've replaced coilpack and plugs. surely the leads alone could cause this?!

After reading a few threads I've been thinking lambda or injectors? Im really stumped though....

Whats the next step?!

172 cup- suzu rf600r
Ht leads could absolutely affect it mate, they are just as vital asthe coil and plugs.

Next step is a hard one as its intermittent, if it was doing it all the time you could manually test the leads, next step defo a diagnosis I think, the fault should be stored and not every fault would light the light anyway.

Might be as basic as telling you which cylinder is missing but it's a start

ClioSport 172
Turns out its not the leads either.

So....injectors next?

Is there any way i can check to see which injector it is?

ClioSport 172
Could you dumb that down a little for me?

The rail being?

Can you do it when the car is stationary? (bearing in mind....it sits idle ok, doesn't miss) only when it's in motion.

cheers

SQ5
Sorry.

Take off your engine cover and fuel rail guard.

Then you'll see a lack plastic tube with the injectors in.

Unscrew the two 10mm bolts holding this on

Then pull it out, maybe a bit tight.

Then get someone else to turn the car over and you'll see fuel coming out of the injectors, the one that has a funny spray pattern will be faulty.

ClioSport 172
Oh....no, no, no.

Do NOT apologise.

I apologise for not being so mechanically minded! haha

Thanks for your help....i'll try that tomorrow.

Cheers

ClioSport 172
Haven't yet had time to check injectors. Are all injectors the same though?

Does one injector fit all four places...?!

Cheers

Evo 5 RS
they're all the same. You should really get it plugged in somewhere, injectors aren't cheap so if turns out to be something else you'll be throwing money away

ClioSport 172
Oh right i see....roughly how much?!

I'm coming to the end of my tether now though....just want it fixed! Grrrrrr...

And the blomin' rear drivers side brake stuck on yesterday.....so need new pads too!

Cars eh....who'd have them?

172 cup- suzu rf600r
As said above mate just get it plugged in somewhere, you've tried the obvious things already.

One of my rears started sticking a wee while ago, it didn't need pads the piston had become sticky, just needed cleaned, easy to check just whip the wheel off and you will see how much material is left

ClioSport 172
Cheers man.

On the to do list tonight.

As for pads....took the wheel of last night....drove a little to far and pads are now right down to the metal. They're only 4 months old!

Thanks for all your help everyone.

Hopefully get to the root of the problem tonight.

Cheers.

172 cup- suzu rf600r
^ if its one side your piston is almost certainly sticking, give it a good clean when your changing them